Meet Roy Delgado

henry4841

• Moderators

Great thread, moved it here and out of tech. for more more vis and hopes Roy engages. 

On 9/13/2022 at 3:48 AM, henry4841 said:

thought this may be a good spot to ask Klipsch audio information at. I have a first question perhaps someone can answer. I have not kept up with the advances in horn design for the last few years, decades even perhaps. What is the difference between the Klipsch Tractrix horn and let's say my 86 LS's  horns. Is it something like what is called elsewhere as waveguides? Probably a simple question many on this forum can answer without Roy jumping in but if we keep this thread on Klipsch matters who knows he may speak up now and then. 

@Chief bonehead for sure knows all about this. Not only does he know about this, he also uses it to dispel any myths that PWK wasn't open minded to change and development. He has firsthand knowledge about the paper PWK read that convinced him it warranted further exploration (it may even be stronger than that, I can't remember). My recollection was that it was someone's dissertation, but could be wrong on that too. 

PWK bought Paul Voight's original tractix speaker for his audo collection (now in the Klipsch Museum of Audio History, the original prototype for the British patent I believe). PWK was well aware of tractix, I think Roy will tell you what he did was modify it for better coverage patterns. 

It is a very, very difficult equation to work with. Dr. Edgar mentioned this in his paper, saying with the advent of more accessible computer power it was something that could start to be looked into some 50 years later. 

I think he is also going to tell you "it's the equation."

• Like 2

I noticed in one of the video's he asked Guttenberg why he wanted to interview him. Could it be he does not want to bring attention to himself on this forum? 

I think it would be great if he did more than just be a police man here. Be good for him, good for Klipsch. I am glad he is trying to whip this forum into shape where we all can be friends, help each other, and talk more about Klipsch and their products and his design team. No one wants to visit a site where there is constant verbal fights. 

Way you go JefDC. This is what I was after when starting this thread. More specifics of Klipsch R&D and their products. Perhaps Roy will smile and join in the conversation at some point. I sure want to hear any and everything he has to say! I bet he has to peak at this thread from time to time. I am bad about waking up at 3 in the morning and will stay up for an hour or so and guess who I see online? The Chief himself. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

This is what I was after when starting this thread. More specifics of Klipsch R&D and their products. Perhaps Roy will smile and join in the conversation at some point. I sure want to hear any and everything he has to say! 

@Chief bonehead, maybe it's time for another Bonehead class.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Edgar said:

@Chief bonehead, maybe it's time for another Bonehead class.

I second the motion. Be nice if he just dropped in on this thread and just said, Hi. That way we would know he has noticed. If we can get any post from him on this thread I believe we can reel him in entertaining us with his knowledge at times. Nelson on his diyaudio thread seldom post himself but when he does we stand up and take notice.