[Crossover Repairs and Restorations]

David Chkheidze

10 hours ago, 001 said:

[Edited/Deleted post removed]

You know that raises an interesting question are all non Klipsch mods; horns tweeters mid drivers etc off the table now? Is this forum strictly dedicated to "preserving" the Klipsch name? Can we still talk about Crites CT-120 tweeters? How about their slant risers for Heresy's? 

I think the big boss man just wants to put this forum back on the right track, Klipsch talk. Can you blame him? If this were your web page wouldn't you feel the same way? And believe me this is not our forum, it is the big boss' forum. Cross him and you will quickly find out who it belongs to. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, babadono said:

I think modifications are Ok It's so called upgrades and improvements "for profit" that are frowned upon.

I think it is going to be OK as long as they are called what they are, mods and not upgrades or improvements. Klipsch designed and used components are already good, just do not start hollering good'er at the top of your lungs. As far as for profit mods, you do not let your dog crap in someone else's yard. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, babadono said:

I think modifications are Ok It's so called upgrades and improvements "for profit" that are frowned upon.

I'll keep my day job.  As long as it takes me to build these I don't think that the word profit can ever come into play. 

12 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

I think the big boss man just wants to put this forum back on the right track, Klipsch talk. Can you blame him? If this were your web page wouldn't you feel the same way? And believe me this is not our forum, it is the big boss' forum. Cross him and you will quickly find out who it belongs to. 🙂

It is Klipsch's forum, they make the rules, we are guests here.  I am on 20 years. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Is this true?  I didn't know this.

So crossover modifiers, but we can still post our personal mods,right?  I just got the last caps for some really pretty x-overs that I am building. 

There was a big blow out initially in the pinned Dean crossover thread as usually posts were deleted and context was lost, I just read through the first few pages again and yeah it's not really clear any more unless it was spelled out later in the thread. Basically no more recommendations about crossovers unless they are for JEM or Dean-- mentions of competitors will be deleted or the poster banned possibly both. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I'll keep my day job.  As long as it takes me to build these I don't think that the word profit can ever come into play. 

It is Klipsch's forum, they make the rules, we are guests here.  I am on 20 years. 

Fwiw, I thought the stated rule was folks that sell their own brand of speakers along with aftermarket parts was what was off limits....Dunno but that was my take.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jjptkd said:

You know that raises an interesting question are all non Klipsch mods; horns tweeters mid drivers etc off the table now? Is this forum strictly dedicated to "preserving" the Klipsch name? Can we still talk about Crites CT-120 tweeters? How about their slant risers for Heresy's? 

no clue on whats actually allowed or not, that was kind of left up in the air.  but it was made pretty clear that people or companies that do crossover work can't be mentioned.... i hope its OK to talk about other brands of tweeters, mid drivers,  or some woofers that may not be available anywhere else if/when replacements are needed.  

im fine with this being a klipsch forum or keeping discussions inline with what they approve, the only confusion now is that this section is called "modifications" and since day one it was to discuss... modifications,  of any name or brand.  maybe it would be a good idea to make a list/sticky of what is allowed or off limits? or change/remove the modifications part of this section?  reason being, there is & will always be new(er) members that come here unaware & start talking about things that aren't allowed.  just seems like problems waiting to happen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

So crossover modifiers, but we can still post our personal mods,right?  I just got the last caps for some really pretty x-overs that I am building. 

Start a thread with lots of pictures we'll all find out soon enough.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, jjptkd said:

There was a big blow out initially in the pinned Dean crossover thread as usually posts were deleted and context was lost, I just read through the first few pages again and yeah it's not really clear any more unless it was spelled out later in the thread. Basically no more recommendations about crossovers unless they are for JEM or Dean-- mentions of competitors will be deleted or the poster banned possibly both. 

Nothing happened in that thread until near the end, and then I think a couple of posts were hidden. The ones at the beginning were changed by the poster, who deleted their text.

You are thinking of a different thread. It was the "Removing crossovers Chorus 1" thread. Roy’s comments are on page 4 of that thread. 

• Klipsch Employees
6 hours ago, jjptkd said:

It depends….

• Travis In Austin changed the title to [Crossover Repairs and Restorations]