Addition of Sub for 2 channel with my Chorus I's

SonicSeeker

I finally caved and let curiosity get the best of me and for the first time I decided to see how a sub would sound in a two channel set up, now technically 2.1.

I had an SVS SB-16 Ultra in the room already that was connected to my second system I have for movies.

I am in the beginning stages of adjusting it but so far it's pretty positive.

It sure does fill in where the Chorus leave off.

Preliminary settings seem to be best @ 180 degrees out of phase and negative polarity (much tighter and cleaner this way) and low pass @ 40hz.

I will have to listen for a while and see how it settles on me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SonicSeeker said:

I finally caved and let curiosity get the best of me and for the first time I decided to see how a sub would sound in a two channel set up I had an SVS SB-16 Ultra in the room already I am in the beginning stages of adjusting it but so far it's pretty positive. It sure does fill in where the Chorus leave off.

I will have to listen for a while and see how it settles on me.

Nice! A friend of mine still has my old Chorus 1's and RSW-15 love that combo!

• Like 2

the K-48 woofer is awesome, but chorus only go down to like 45hz... a good sub adds so much to the bottom end that is missing on speakers that only go down to 40-50hz.

the SVS sb16 ultra is an excellent sub for music or movies,  definitely up to the task of complementing chorus or any other boxed klipsch speaker.    

• Like 1