Newbie here and my late blooming love for Klipsch

Knows_Very_Little

54 minutes ago, SonicSeeker said:

That actually is the one rabbit hole I enjoy. It satisfies my tinkering itch and desire to try something different once in a while without major changes and expenses.

I was looking at a highly regarded tube integrated and was about to order so I called the factory.  Spoke with one of the owners and between his bragging about "only 3 people have ever not been pleased with the sound of our amp and returned it" and them him saying "Klipsch Cornwall's are not high end speakers in any way" I decided I would not support them with my money and decided I'd probably eventually end up trying a Cary at some point instead.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Knows_Very_Little said:

I was looking at a highly regarded tube integrated and was about to order so I called the factory.  Spoke with one of the owners and between his bragging about "only 3 people have ever not been pleased with the sound of our amp and returned it" and them him saying "Klipsch Cornwall's are not high end speakers in any way" I decided I would not support them with my money and decided I'd probably eventually end up trying a Cary at some point instead.  

Audio is music is art which is subjective. I am happy for anyone who finds pleasure no matter what they are listening through and never understand criticising choices or products. My first set up was an emerson I think all in one turntable tuner and 8 track player with speakers from Ames dept store that was a christmas gift when I was probably 12 years old in the early 70's and was absolutely thrilled and thus began my love of all things audio.

4 minutes ago, SonicSeeker said:

Audio is music is art which is subjective. I am happy for anyone who finds pleasure no matter what they are listening through and never understand criticising choices or products. My first set up was an emerson I think all in one turntable tuner and 8 track player with speakers from Ames dept store that was a christmas gift when I was probably 12 years old in the early 70's and was absolutely thrilled and thus began my love of all things audio.

Yup.  My first system was in the 70's.  I was probably 8 or so.  It was a gift to me of a record player with 2 powered speakers.  I used to play albums of Abba, Neil Diamond, and Alvin and the Chipmunks.

I have no problem with different opinions.  Any one says they are right when it comes to sound and someone else is wrong I think is full of it.  My issues with the guy was his need to crap on the speakers of a potential customer and try and put me down.  I'm much too old in life to feel the need to justify my system, or the sound I like to anyone.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Knows_Very_Little said:

Yup.  My first system was in the 70's.  I was probably 8 or so.  It was a gift to me of a record player with 2 powered speakers.  I used to play albums of Abba, Neil Diamond, and Alvin and the Chipmunks.

I have no problem with different opinions.  Any one says they are right when it comes to sound and someone else is wrong I think is full of it.  My issues with the guy was his need to crap on the speakers of a potential customer and try and put me down.  I'm much too old in life to feel the need to justify my system, or the sound I like to anyone.

This is a very nice thread. We make our journeys of discovery. Everyone has different experiences. Because it is one of the most beautiful ways to be contemplative, we respect how each of us achieves the acoustic dimension of happiness. From this point of view, any device is good if it supports this goal. I believe that there are fruitful opportunities for sharing experiences and this is what this helpful forum is for. Sometimes advice and support is very valuable but sometimes someone has become so happy that he thinks he has to convert others. This is emotionally understandable. It becomes difficult when one's own opinion becomes more important than the experiences of others. But there are constructive correctors for that. So concretely, if a dealer of amplifiers wants to impose his opinion about a speaker on his customers, then he has understood nothing so far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KT88 said:

This is a very nice thread. We make our journeys of discovery. Everyone has different experiences. Because it is one of the most beautiful ways to be contemplative, we respect how each of us achieves the acoustic dimension of happiness. From this point of view, any device is good if it supports this goal. I believe that there are fruitful opportunities for sharing experiences and this is what this helpful forum is for. Sometimes advice and support is very valuable but sometimes someone has become so happy that he thinks he has to convert others. This is emotionally understandable. It becomes difficult when one's own opinion becomes more important than the experiences of others. But there are constructive correctors for that. So concretely, if a dealer of amplifiers wants to impose his opinion about a speaker on his customers, then he has understood nothing so far.

I agree.  

I LOVE to talk about, compare and contrast different systems and different gear with people.  I LOVE to talk with others and compare and contrast our opinions.  I will never tell someone what they hear is wrong.  How do I know how their hearing works?

My screen name alludes to this - I am fairly well versed in high end audio.  But I come here with my tail between my legs to learn, listen and share my experiences with no ego, no agenda, and no pride to force my opinion on others and tell them I am right and I am wrong.  Let's be honest, it's not like even if we wanted to we could change peoples opinion on an internet board.

I celebrate the DIFFERENCES we all like and hear in audio.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Knows_Very_Little said:

I agree.  

I LOVE to talk about, compare and contrast different systems and different gear with people.  I LOVE to talk with others and compare and contrast our opinions.  I will never tell someone what they hear is wrong.  How do I know how their hearing works?

My screen name alludes to this - I am fairly well versed in high end audio.  But I come here with my tail between my legs to learn, listen and share my experiences with no ego, no agenda, and no pride to force my opinion on others and tell them I am right and I am wrong.  Let's be honest, it's not like even if we wanted to we could change peoples opinion on an internet board.

We need more like you on this forum. Very welcome indeed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Knows_Very_Little said:

I agree.  

It would be pretty boring if we all had the same equipment, tastes and opinions. I really enjoy reading how excited people are when they put together any level of equipment that brings them joy, I can relate to this. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, SonicSeeker said:

It would be pretty boring if we all had the same equipment, tastes and opinions. I really enjoy reading how excited people are when they put together any level of equipment that brings them joy, I can relate to this. 

I agree!  I really enjoy looking at and reading about other peoples systems and set up.  

• Like 1