right rear speaker

tbird

I think I may have the same problem. My front left speaker (the one with the controls on it) Is quiter than the other three by a very noticable margin. When I switch inputs, the same speaker continues to have problems. When I crank up the volume to about half way, The sound comes up to the proper volume--even if I then turn it back down. How can I fix this? Do I need to send my set back? Is there something I can do?

Thanks

• Moderators

It is normal for the Promedias to be somewhat imbalanced at lower volumes. This is caused by a slight disparity in ohms for each potentiometer, which is very difficult to perfect. A way to counterbalance this is to lower your software volume on your computer, and compensate by turning up the volume control knob. The disparity is still there, but it is much less noticable at higher levels (10 ohms on one side vs. 20 on another is very noticable, compared to 410 ohms on one to 420 on another at higher volumes).

Let me know if that doesn't help!

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

Yes, that's the problem exactly. I have already been doing exactly what you said (that is, keeping the speakers at relatively high volumes and turning windows volume down) and that worked OK until recently. The problem I have is probably related to this but seems a little more severe. I have confirmed that it is the speaker with the controls on it. I can hook it up to different leads and it's still the culprit. Is this still consistent with the pot issue? Also, recently, the speaker is VERY VERY soft--as in you can barely hear it when you put your ear to it--when the other three are blasting away at half volume, then when you crank it a little louder, it kicks in all of a sudden with a little popping and crackling and it's back to its usual (i.e. only somewhat quieter than the rest (and you're right, it's not that perceptible at higher volumes, but it is still there). I never max these things out, and I have the low gain amp, so I don't think anything is blown, but this issue (aside from the regular lower volume thing) did just crop up recently.

Thanks again,

Matt

• Moderators

Go ahead and send that speaker into our warranty department for replacement. You can take off the control pod by sliding it backwards, so you don't have to be without your speakers.

Send it to:

Klipsch Warranty

137 County Rd #278

Hope, AR 71801

Include a letter with your name, address, phone #, description of the problem, and a copy of your receipt or your order confirmation number.

• 2 weeks later...

What??? I didn't know that the front left and front right speaker are different and I assume the Left rear and Right rear speaker is also different too, right?? Now I am really screwed, I mixed them up when I was moving to my new apartment. Now, my question is does it really matter which sat goes to which channel?? I thought they were all the same Sat?? If they are need to be in a specific channel, how do I tell which is which now that I already mixed them up??

------------------

You can run but you can't hide

What??? I didn't know that the front left and front right speaker are different and I assume the Left rear and Right rear speaker is also different too, right?? Now I am really screwed, I mixed them up when I was moving to my new apartment. Now, my question is does it really matter which sat goes to which channel?? I thought they were all the same Sat?? If they are need to be in a specific channel, how do I tell which is which now that I already mixed them up??

------------------

What??!! I didn't know that all the 4 Sat has a different sound to it?? I mixed them up when I moved to my new apartment. How do I know which Sat is for Front and which Sat if for Rear??? Does it matter?? I always thought the Sat are all the same for all the channel, am I wronge??

------------------

• 2 weeks later...