Heresy or Forté in my room, help me!

Paradox

Hello,

I have a small room to dedicate to an HiFi setup and I love Klipsch, but I'm stuck in the speakers selection.

My room is 10.5'x10.8', high 9.5'. It's a small and pretty cubic room so I know this is a pain in the *** for speakers setup. I think the Heritage series suite well this situation because corners and walls are near to the speakers.

Do you reccomend the Fortè IV in this situation? I would like to use the Fortè IV, but I'm scared this one should be too boomy in this room making the overall sonic performance difficult to manage. At the other side, I don't know if the bass Heresy bass performance can be good for me, because I love fusion, rock, jazz and a lot of indie music "bass-based" (I'm hobbist bass player also). Do you think the Heresy IV can be a better choice or I will can manage the Forté in my room?

Many thanks for your tips!

Bye

Edited by Paradox
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 1:07 PM, Paradox said:

I love fusion, rock, jazz and a lot of indie music "bass-based" (I'm hobbist bass player also). Do you think I   can manage the Forté in my room?

Forte IV  100% , the Heresy IV  would not be suited for you , since you need  strong bass ,  the Forte IV is perfect  for your kind of music 

• Like 2

On 9/18/2022 at 10:07 AM, Paradox said:

I love fusion, rock, jazz and a lot of indie music "bass-based" (I'm hobbist bass player also). Do you think the Heresy IV can be a better choice or I will can manage the Forté in my room?

My guess is Forte IV plus (now or eventually) a very good subwoofer cut in at  about 60 Hz, about 3 to 6 dB higher SPL than flat.  Does your preamp, integrated, or receiver have a subwoofer output?

I "managed" a pair of Klipschorns in a room your size for a while.  The only disadvantage was that the "sweet spot" was only 1 chair wide.

I have had the Heresy III and traded them for the Forte IV.   Heresy are great, no doubt.   They are the exact same footprint , the Forte needs to be away from the front wall.    A foot , two feet, it depends on the room.  I rarely use my REL sub since getting the Forte.   Maybe for movies, but they go pretty low . I think the sub is unnecessary with most material with these speakers.  They have made me stop thinking about whats better....  I don't have too much space in this room and these are a perfect fit.   

I have had both.    Buy the Forte if possible.    I went in to buy my daughter a soundbar.  While there I wanted to listen to the Heresy IV.     I did and they were great.   Better than the III , but I ended up coming back a few weeks later with my III in trade toward Forte IV.   Best move ever 

• Like 1