Dennis Had Inspire Amps – What to expect?

zeitlos

Inspired (no pun intended ;))  by answers in another thread (https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/300b-amps-are-they-really-the-best.1154619/) , I came across Dennis Had's "Inspire" amps.

I'm particularly interested in the 300B version. Of course, ordering from Germany is not that easy (tax, customs, repairs, etc.).

Hence the question of who has had experience with the Dennis Had Inspire series? What to expect from it?

On 9/18/2022 at 2:49 PM, zeitlos said:
Inspired (no pun intended ;))  by answers in another thread (https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/300b-amps-are-they-really-the-best.1154619/) , I came across Dennis Had's "Inspire" amps.

I'm particularly interested in the 300B version. Of course, ordering from Germany is not that easy (tax, customs, repairs, etc.).

Hence the question of who has had experience with the Dennis Had Inspire series? What to expect from it?

@rmlowzhas a Dennis Had amp. Post at least 5 times and you can private message him. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, zeitlos said:

Thank you! Wow, very cool. Do you also sell yours? 

I did sell it to Rich, but typically, I do not make and sell amps to anyone. He was an exception. I'm selfish. I like to have all my time for myself to build when I have the time to build. Money could be good, but for the way I like to build, I'm not interested in making money building and selling amps. I'll leave that to others.

I'll help someone build for a DIY project, but that's it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I’m proud to say I have his 300 B inspire amp with western electric and I have a preamp 2030 on the way. I play them out of Denafrips Ares ii. 

I agree with my sessions of capital W capital O capital W. The speakers are Cornwall Heritage iv. 102 db. 

Western Electric 300B provide enough base so I can sell my SVS micro 3000. Tight welcomed bass… finally!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SchuBagga said:

I’m proud to say I have his 300 B inspire amp with western electric and I have a preamp 2030 on the way. I play them out of Denafrips Ares ii. 

I agree with my sessions of capital W capital O capital W. The speakers are Cornwall Heritage iv. 102 db. 

Western Electric 300B provide enough base so I can sell my SVS micro 3000. Tight welcomed bass… finally!

Those WE 300B tubes NOS "new old stock" or new production?