Classic Audio, Prattville Alabama

henry4841

First off I am not affiliated with this co whatsoever. Just a customer of theirs. I mentioned on another thread of them having 3 sets of Klipsch speakers on their showroom floor. A pair of K-horns, a really nice pair of Cornwalls and a pair of Heresy's. Stopping by this morning to test some tubes, he has a free to use tube tester, he told me he also has a many more Klipsch speakers stored in his warehouse. He started naming them off, all Heritage speakers. I have not seen or heard of anyone having as many used Klipsch speakers in one spot. I did notice some prices, the Cornwall's appear to be walnut and priced at $2500, the Heresy's at $600. I was going to ask the price of the K-horns but the guy was busy and I left before talking to him. Those anywhere around this neck of the woods should check out his store. A fabulous spot for vintage audio gear. I saw a McIntosh 240 that really caught my eye. 5 Grand was the asking price. Those things sure have kept their value. Check out the video and you will see those K-horns off in a corner. Also saw a Thorens turntable, $800. On my wish list. I am not afraid to offer a store such as this one an offer. 

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=644430303626651

Already posted here and they frown on double post so maybe a mod will notice and move this thread. Neat place, I could spend a day there just looking. The owner did say on a previous visit many guys do spend a few hours there. I was not planning on spending any money this morning but did walk out with 2 Lp's. Mainly went there to test some tubes and the guy was interested in seeing my latest tube build. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

I should have added to my description "old redneck country boy in the deep south."

Man it's all good. Last I knew it was in the states, lol. I like the mountains where abit cooler in July.

Looks nice and close to Montgomery. Records are alot of what I play.

• Like 2

Thanks......thanks a LOT.......: > ) for posting this............looks like a pretty amazing shop for an old guy like me to spend..........

1.  Hours in - drooling, dreaming, shopping/haggling.

2.  A significant % of his hard earned Retirement Money.

3.  Enough time in only to realize he's forgotten exactly where he is or how he got there......

4.  See #2 and resulting consequence = "PO'd wife".

I'm close enough to drive there and will definitely be checking it out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 13Hertz said:

Thanks......thanks a LOT.......: > ) for posting this............looks like a pretty amazing shop for an old guy like me to spend..........

1.  Hours in - drooling, dreaming, shopping/haggling.

2.  A significant % of his hard earned Retirement Money.

3.  Enough time in only to realize he's forgotten exactly where he is or how he got there......

4.  See #2 and resulting consequence = "PO'd wife".

I'm close enough to drive there and will definitely be checking it out. 

I think it a shame there are not more stores like this. Repairs are not done in house according to the owner but he did say he has one young guy that does repairs to vintage gear for him that is really sharp. No comebacks is the way he phrased it. Hard to leave the store without purchasing something. Caught some of my money Monday!