RP8000F II rear port plug ??

CBdicX

Hi, I have a set of RP8000F2 and they are very close to the rear wall, just 4cm.

They get from Audyssey a crossover of 40 Hz.

Can (need) I plug the ports, or use this 40, or higher, crossover as they do not play fullrange in this setup but are still very near to the wall ? (can not change that)

I do have two 8 inch subs (32 Hz) also running.

Off course.

My RP8060FA's are put in the corner, for music I plug them for HT no plug.

You won't damage the speakers, you change the frequency response; with a plug there is less bass volume but the frequency response goes a little bit deeper (I don' use a sub).  

5 hours ago, CBdicX said:

Hi, I have a set of RP8000F2 and they are very close to the rear wall, just 4cm.

Can (need) I plug the ports,

you should not plug anything , and for optimal  speaker placement , consult  the klipsch user manual  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CBdicX said:

Can (need) I plug the ports

Only trial and error will tell :) Plug the ports with some rolled up socks and listen :) 

I have a pair of L/R RC-7's in "tight" bookcases, positioned right up to the rear wall. Plugging them was a great improvement. (Yes, I know that they sound better unplugged at least 4 inches from the wall - just NOT possible.)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Hello, thank for your reply and others on my question 🙂

Will a lower crossover (below 80 Hz) use the ports more or less ?

More.

Strange, asked the same question to Klipsch before here, and get this answer now from suport:  

Setting the crossover higher would just introduce more frequencies being sent through that port😵

So this seems the other way around.

Your answer was More by a lower crossover, Klipsch answer is More by higher crossover.

I am no expert in crossovers but it seems to me that setting the crosover lower, will strain the ports more, like your answer.

• 2 weeks later...