delete

Knows_Very_Little

Vultures around here ran him off shame since he seemed like an alright guy and avid Klipsch fan par for the course I suppose these days. 

I spend a lot less time here myself since the Belle mod thread was deleted, not a very good way to treat someone who just threw down $40k and waited over a year for a pair of the flagship speakers IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, deang said:

“Vultures”? Wow. 

I would think a guy who built a rep on boutique capacitors would have at least a tiny bit of sympathy for a wire guy when the pitchforks came out but things change I guess oh well, maybe the internet is doomed to failure. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Vultures around here ran him off shame since he seemed like an alright guy and avid Klipsch fan par for the course I suppose these days. 

I spend a lot less time here myself since the Belle mod thread was deleted, not a very good way to treat someone who just threw down $40k and waited over a year for a pair of the flagship speakers IMO.

I suspect that the issue with that Belle thread was the non-Klipsch tweeter horn.  Seeing that “brand X” horn posted as an upgrade from the K400/K-77 combo may have seemed like a slap in the face, whereas a K510 horn might have been acceptable.  Just a thought.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Islander said:

I suspect that the issue with that Belle thread was the non-Klipsch tweeter horn.  Seeing that “brand X” horn posted as an upgrade from the K400/K-77 combo may have seemed like a slap in the face, whereas a K510 horn might have been acceptable.  Just a thought.

Edit: that may have been the issue, that it wasn’t a K-510, but a cloned/copy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, deang said:

It wasn’t a K-510. It was cloned copy.

That’s what I’m saying.  I just knew it was a non-Klipsch part.  I didn’t even know it was like a 510; I just knew that it was not an actual 510.  A knockoff is even worse than a sort of similar part.  It might be a bit like the time my dad was on holiday in the Caribbean and bought a Rolex knockoff on the street for $100.  To my eyes, it did look like the real thing, so good deal, right?

However, Dad wasn’t sure how to set the watch, so he walked into a watch shop that sold Rolexes and asked the salesman how to do it.  The salesman instantly knew what it was, and he was not pleased.  However, he did help Dad set it.  Roy might have had the same reaction.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Islander said:

The salesman instantly knew what it was, and he was not pleased.  However, he did help Dad set it.  Roy might have had the same reaction.

Probably so, one difference being the one who sells the watch as opposed to the one who designed the watch. 

• Like 1