Jump to content

Another thread deleted?


avguytx
 Share

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, richieb said:

You mean like the “Dean crossover builder” thread that for no apparent reason was locked? I never saw anything even close to being inappropriate? Like most things in life there’s usually a method to the madness - 

 

I see the one about "Deano is an approved Klipsch network builder" but it was the one with a member named "Knows Very Little" or something like that.  Seemed to be a little bantering and was maybe 8+ pages deep and now gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Is it me or has another big thread been deleted? And, the OP also had a couple of Garage Sale threads for items that maybe are already sold but those are "deleted" by him or something.  More weirdness?

Fwiw, I don't know anything about the Garage Sale Threads, but the one in question the OP broke the rules several times by questioning people's motives, telling another to "get a life" (to a conscientious statement trying to tame down the situation) and saying derogatory things about the forum. Gotta admit it wasn't too bad but they need to draw a line somewhere...that's my take. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Fwiw, I don't know anything about the Garage Sale Threads, but the one in question the OP broke the rules several times by questioning people's motives, telling another to "get a life" (to a conscientious statement trying to tame down the situation) and saying derogatory things about the forum. Gotta admit it wasn't too bad but they need to draw a line somewhere...that's my take. 

 

That makes sense.  It did seem to start going all over the place the last I saw with it...especially with him and the cap'n and then the speaker wire stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, avguytx said:

 

I see the one about "Deano is an approved Klipsch network builder" but it was the one with a member named "Knows Very Little" or something like that.  Seemed to be a little bantering and was maybe 8+ pages deep and now gone.

 

 This place is almost unrecognizable to what it was even just a few years ago I'm afraid with all the new censorship and rules on what can and cannot be discussed its only going to get worse. It's looking like the only thing allowed is cheerleading for Klipsch and recommending their fixes without alternatives like we're unpaid help desk employees and parts sales reps. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

 

 This place is almost unrecognizable to what it was even just a few years ago I'm afraid with all the new censorship and rules on what can and cannot be discussed its only going to get worse. It's looking like the only thing allowed is cheerleading for Klipsch and recommending their fixes without alternatives like we're unpaid help desk employees and parts sales reps. 

 

I get that, too.  I took a screen shot of your comment just in case it comes up missing and I feel like using it elsewhere.  ;)   Cheerleading....funny.  I've used that term before with others as a descriptor of some here.  Kind of like "self checkout"?
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

 

 This place is almost unrecognizable to what it was even just a few years ago I'm afraid with all the new censorship and rules on what can and cannot be discussed its only going to get worse. It's looking like the only thing allowed is cheerleading for Klipsch and recommending their fixes without alternatives like we're unpaid help desk employees and parts sales reps. 

That is an interesting point regarding what is permitted. You find out when you get a point or are blocked from a thread or the thread is deleted. However you have to guess what the rule was that was violated most of the time as no explanation is forthcoming. Rules seem to morph a lot and topics discussed freely a month ago now gone with no explanation.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, avguytx said:

 

That makes sense.  It did seem to start going all over the place the last I saw with it...especially with him and the cap'n and then the speaker wire stuff.

That is what I was thinking. My guess quite a few of us were biting our tongues not to point that out until Dean dealt with it diplomatically. 

4 hours ago, Dave A said:

That is an interesting point regarding what is permitted. You find out when you get a point or are blocked from a thread or the thread is deleted. However you have to guess what the rule was that was violated most of the time as no explanation is forthcoming. Rules seem to morph a lot and topics discussed freely a month ago now gone with no explanation.

I agree some of it seems subjective but if we go by the Golden Rule of treating others like you want to be treated is a good start. To paraphrase Dean, "don't express an opinion without expecting a response based on science."

5 hours ago, jjptkd said:

 

 This place is almost unrecognizable to what it was even just a few years ago I'm afraid with all the new censorship and rules on what can and cannot be discussed its only going to get worse...

I agree and wish we could go back even further but was informed that isn't going to happen. Otoh, folks should consider that this forum may end up being more trouble than it's worth and Facebook is the only alternative. Dunno but don't really want to see that.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Facebook is the only alternative. Dunno but don't really want to see that.

Yeah I have to admit I despise fakebook but will be looking into it as an alternative. I have been told a lot of old familiar names are popping up on various forums now that used to come here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

That is what I was thinking my guess quite a few of us were biting our tongues not to point that out until Dean dealt with it diplomatically. 

I agree some of it seems subjective but if we go by the Golden Rule of treat others like you want to be treated is a good start. To paraphrase Dean, "don't express an opinion without expect a response based on science."

I agree and wish we could go back even further but was informed that isn't going to happen. Otoh, folks should consider that this forum may end up being more trouble than it's worth and Facebook is the only alternative. Dunno but don't really want to see that.

If FB were to become the “place” to discuss all things Klipsch, count me out. I’ll just listen to the various Klipsch models I enjoy, don’t need to talk about ‘em at that point. I look at my wife’s FB page sporadically for shites and giggles. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, richieb said:

If FB were to become the “place” to discuss all things Klipsch, count me out. I’ll just listen to the various Klipsch models I enjoy, don’t need to talk about ‘em at that point. I look at my wife’s FB page sporadically for shites and giggles. 

I am not crazy about fakebook either. DIY Audio is where some of us have ended up going to. I am going to pay more attention there.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just as a point of interest. If you can remember a deleted thread you are interested in and find a link that may not work on the Klipsch site anymore try the "Wayback Machine" site. They archive all kinds of stuff and I have found information on old Pro gear from decades ago on there. Also found a now recently deleted thread I really wished I had archived myself there from 2019 and can save a link to it for future reference. I know the Wayback link will not just go away one day. I never thought to archive threads as I never thought they would just be purged but from now on if I find a topic of interest I will save it as it progresses.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...