Another thread deleted?

avguytx

3 hours ago, Dave A said:

I am not crazy about fakebook either. DIY Audio is where some of us have ended up going to. I am going to pay more attention there.

I'll have to check out DIYAudio. What other forums would welcome talk about Klipsch modifications?

9 hours ago, pcbiz said:

The deleted thread was the usual 'measurements/vs your ears' fight. It's a pattern, and the instigators are repeat offenders. It seems that censorship kicked in as referee.

It’s this simple, this is a discussion forum and if you get easily offended while discussing, or receiving counterpoints to your findings and comments, you shouldn’t post and only read. If challenges can’t be tolerated, then advanced learning is doomed by us all.

• Like 3

That thread that was deleted had deteriorated into a lot of mud slinging and name calling. Not something I care to see  on any forum. It had a lot of views being men have a tendency to congregate when a fight happens. Much the same on that thread but a verbal fight. There has always been too much of that happening for too many years on this forum and it should stop. We should all tolerate and respect each other and their view points and not get into that kind of Jr. High feuds. As your mother said "behave yourself when in public."  Feuds happen when one does not allow the other one to have the last word. Get over it and move on. Who really cares that much of how thick a cable wire has to be. Thick as your big finger? If someone says they can hear the difference using such, good for him. It is your money spend it exactly how you want to. It was all just silly to me, that conversation. I have my opinion but did not join in the conversation not to offend either one of the parties involved. Sometime more can be said by saying less.

There is talk of some moving to the diyaudio forum. Been a member there for many years and I can tell you they do not allow verbal fights there. They will be quickly dealt with on that forum. 

This is a Klipsch forum and the talk and discussions should center on and around Klipsch and their products. There is a thread now talking about someone taking a Belle speaker and turning it into a 2 way speaker with one of those $1,000 drivers. I find that interesting and not something that conflicts with the theme of this forum. Just use common sense and let Klipsch be the main focus on this site. Just the way I see it being a relatively new member here. I have lurked for many, many years having owned my LaScala's since '86. Just did not take the time to participate until recently. Being an electronic geek I gravitated to the more technical forums. 

Just the way I see that deleted thread which agrees with the mod who deleted it as well. 

I've been a member of the Polk Audio forum about as long as I have been here.  Kind of miss my SDA's occasionally.  Funny how that forum can talk about pretty much anything including DIY, tinkering, tweaking, etc., and it doesn't seem to ruffle as many feathers.  Maybe it does...who knows.  Older Polks aren't made anymore yet for years, Polk went so far as to come up with new tweeter replacements for SDA, Monitor series, etc., and also the mid-woofers for the longest, to keep those speakers going.  They may still even do it now. But, for so many to get butt hurt over changing and altering things on their own speakers that they bought new, or used, with their OWN money, that are 20 to 50 years old, that there are minimal replacement parts for, if any, is tiring.  Hell, you can't even buy speaker grill emblems anymore for any of them without giving your serial number.  And that's if they are even made anymore.  I guess it's been said for years that "Klipsch isn't in the parts business".  Ok....I was a manufacturers rep in a past career and I get that.  But maybe they should be for such trivial trinkets and make that extra sale.  If not, people will go elsewhere.  Apparently they are worried about having their "emblems" put on things that have been modified or, God forbid, built from scratch and an emblem go on them.  News Flash....3D printers.

I get that people are what cause the ruckus and I agree that when it goes south, others need to step in and stop it as it is rather ridiculous. That is definitely a waste of time for moderators as people shouldn't be that way.  This society seems to have gone to hell in a hand basket over the last few years, especially.  My wife has been in dermatology for 19 years working with skin cancer doctors & surgeons and is a clinic manager and absolutely remarkable "seamstress of skin" that people will drive from hours and hours away because her stitching will leave no scars.  Not to mention the stuff she can rebuild from an ear that's missing 50% of its "stuff" after cancer removal.  But I swear...the way patients treat people in medical and what they think they are "deserving of" for treatment is absolutely absurd.  Some need to be taken out back and whacked up side the head with a 2x4.  I couldn't do her job.  

People need to chill out or this culture/society will never improve and we will implode are already imploding within.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, avguytx said:

People need to chill out or this culture/society will never improve and we will implode within.

Fwiw, I agree trash talking has become the norm in the last 10 years and civility should reign...That said, the lowest common denominator seems to shut down discussions and unfortunately those are the folks that win when it happens.

20 hours ago, richieb said:

If FB were to become the “place” to discuss all things Klipsch, count me out. I’ll just listen to the various Klipsch models I enjoy, don’t need to talk about ‘em at that point. I look at my wife’s FB page sporadically for shites and giggles. 

Ha! When we were no longer allowed to talk about the *Forbidden Subjects* on the Klipsch Forum a moderator (Mallete, may he RIP) started a private Klipsch group on Facebook  to discuss these things where I joined. Fwiw, it died out because of the incivility I mentioned above. Otoh, I joined Facebook at the end of 2016 after being surprised to find so many people who got their News there. 😲 Prior to joining there, guys here   posted similar sentiments about what their wives were seeing on FB and the crap that was crossing their screen, which evidently was shaping their views on contemporary matters.

Cut to late 2017 and Facebook cleaned up their act an no longer let unsubstantiated "News" (sic) post things that were proven to be untrue (or obvious propaganda generated bot material). I had no intention of joining FB until I was curious how it worked and found it amazing so many people were conditioned by what was going on there. For the record, I love the place now and enjoy posting and talking about travel related subjects and the Real-time nature in sharing trips. :)

I an not a member of the Klipsch Facebook page because I'm a member here but think an ongoing conversation of some of the things we discuss here would be hard to keep up with. Those are my thoughts over morning coffee. 🤔

And keeping with this topic, the thread from MBurg, who modified a Belle as a center for his new Heritage Jubes, poof, gone. The only member here that we know who has bought the new Jubilee, has a thread removed for modifying a Klipsch Belle. ‘Plain that one - no don’t. It’s becoming clearer by the day, er, by the purge.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, richieb said:

And keeping with this topic, the thread from MBurg, who modified a Belle as a center for his new Heritage Jubes, poof, gone. The only member here that we know who has bought the new Jubilee, has a thread removed for modifying a Klipsch Belle. ‘Plain that one - no don’t. It’s becoming clearer by the day, er, by the purge.

Good grief.  Go figure.  I should have taken a screen shot of that page, too.  lol

36 minutes ago, richieb said:

Are you serious? Why was it removed? That's going too far if the sole reason for deletion was the modification afraid it may be nearing time to jump ship if that's the case.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

One can only speculate to the why but to delete a thread from the only member we know of that has ponied up to buy H Jubilee seems a bit heavy handed. Because he chopped up a Belle  to hopefully match the sonic signature of the Jubes? Oh well, the more deletions, the more pizzed off people, the more pizzed people the more people leave, the lower forum count the more reason to close it down. There’s certainly an end game being worked - don’t know, don’t care.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Are you serious? Why was it removed? That's going too far if the sole reason for deletion was the modification afraid it may be nearing time to jump ship if that's the case.

Fwiw, I thought the stated criteria was if the person also sold/built non-Klipsch speakers commercially. 🤔 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jjptkd said:

Are you serious? Why was it removed? That's going too far if the sole reason for deletion was the modification afraid it may be nearing time to jump ship. 

Could not agree more! Spend 35K and $$$ for LaScala surrounds apparently doesn't warrant posting a creative alternative for something Klipsch does not offer. (are single Jubs even offered?)

FWIW, I enjoyed the build thread and the camaraderie between @Khornukopia  & @MMurg

• Like 2