Another thread deleted?

avguytx

1 hour ago, richieb said:

And keeping with this topic, the thread from MBurg, who modified a Belle as a center for his new Heritage Jubes, poof, gone. The only member here that we know who has bought the new Jubilee, has a thread removed for modifying a Klipsch Belle. ‘Plain that one - no don’t. It’s becoming clearer by the day, er, by the purge.

That after making him wait how long to get them? I never followed that thread much but I remember him waiting forever to get them.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, avguytx said:

I figure they'll be along shortly to shut this one down for people having an opinion about things.  That's ok.  I've screen shot everything for later.

Okay guys..I've had my share of being disgruntled but keep in mind being a Moderator here is an unpaid job. Also consider that the vast number of posts aren't even related to Klipsch and there are days/weeks they don't even show up.  I suggest if you have friends here get their information now because at some point they may shut us down for good. 

@MMurg Saw that thread, the Belle mod looked great even with the different grills.

Does it result in what you were looking for with the center?

Sure it might with the dsp involved. 

BSmeter is off the scales here, I must have missed the imaginary drama that caused it's demise.

I'd like a return to handing out black eyes, busted noses or lips upon disagreeing :P

the good-ol-days

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Okay guys..I've had my share of being disgruntled but keep in mind being a Moderator here is an unpaid job. Also consider that the vast number of posts aren't even related to Klipsch and there are days/weeks they don't even show up.  I suggest if you have friends here get their information now because at some point they may shut us down for good. 

Well, it is a commercial forum owned by Klipsch & its parent company. Any moderation begins with that premise. We tend tend to forget that regularly and veer off into all manner of non-Klipsch related topics. My favorites are those where the posters challenge Klipsch employees.  Personally, I'm surprised they still allow the Garage Sale & the Lounge sections. There are many other forums we can discuss Polk loudspeakers, DIY amps, etc. or thoughts about the current state of the world. 

• Like 2

Just sounds like a new sheriff in town to me. This is a Klipsch forum and whoever is in charge wants talk about Klipsch. Not hard to understand really. I enjoyed seeing what the guy did with that Belle but he did chop up a Belle speaker. If I were part of Klipsch I would not like hearing about someone chopping up one of my speakers either. Even if he did do a really nice job. If you were part of Klipsch how would you run this forum? Remember this forum is only here to promote Klipsch products and sales. That simple really. If it does not do that why would Klipsch even keep it up and running? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@MMurg Saw that thread, the Belle mod looked great even with the different grills.

Does it result in what you were looking for with the center?

Sure it might with the dsp involved. 

BSmeter is off the scales here, I must have missed the imaginary drama that caused it's demise.

I'd like a return to handing out black eyes, busted noses or lips upon disagreeing :P

the good-ol-days

Not sure how much I should say here.  I will say that the center exceeded my expectations.  There was no drama on the thread at all.  I think it was deleted simply because it was a mod post.  I though the new rules were no mentioning direct competitors.  Klipsch doesn't sell horns or compression drivers to consumers except as replacement parts.  I guess there is no longer tolerance for mods of any kind.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I guess I didn't look at that Belle speaker thread close enough but the tops separate on a Belle so it really wouldn't require any "chopping up".  It looked to me like they built a completely new top.  I could be wrong, though.  Belle's haven't been made in how many years now?  And who owns his Belle's again?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I must have missed the imaginary drama

That drama was on a thread about some overpriced wires and oversized opinions.

Today's comments are about a thread that had pictures and descriptions of one Klipsch speaker that was modified to fit one application. The owner/thread poster most probably would have bought a brand new Klipsch, if one had been available to fit his specific needs which were dictated by the size of his room and his large pair of brand new Klipsch Jubilee. 

This forum is Klipsch's domain, to promote Klipsch products, and so, we should just go with the flow and adapt.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

but he did chop up a Belle speaker. 

— Bingo. But you missed a key point - he chopped up HIS Belle speaker. He can do with it want he wants. Did what he felt best to match his $30k+ Klipsch speakers. 
We just bought a new car last week where, as most dealers do, put a decal with the dealer name and location on the car. That’s great when the car belongs to them and their bank and is on their lot. But it’s mine after I pay for it and I don’t intend to parade around with free advertising. I’ve never understood why they think this is right unless they offer to pay a small monthly advertising fee. Otherwise, and yes, it’s removed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Khornukopia said:

That drama was on a thread about some overpriced wires and oversized opinions.

I learned that one quickly after I joined here. Seriously jumped, and opinions rammed on me without considering mine :lol:.

I put how I felt about that at my page then and all's cool except for my independent ideals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CWelsh said:

Instead of speculating about why threads are shut down, could we ask a moderator to explain so we can know what is and is not acceptable?

I actually think they did. Check out the TOS and  no competitors post.

2 hours ago, Emile said:

Yeah; seems Klipsch now has their gestapo running this forum. Gestapo definition: a secret-police organization employing underhanded and terrorist methods against persons suspected of disloyalty

Having lived in Germany for 4 years and studying that history I'm sure that's not it.

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

the good-ol-days

Fwiw, this is the internet...Keyboard bullies usually "win" that way by getting the threads shut down.

3 hours ago, michaelwjones said:

Personally, I'm surprised they still allow the Garage Sale & the Lounge sections. 

Me too.

2 hours ago, MMurg said:

Not sure how much I should say here.  I will say that the center exceeded my expectations.  There was no drama on the thread at all. 

I saw it last night and agree. Honestly, my thoughts are that Klipsch sould have no problem letting someone else design a center channel to those that bought Jubs from them, but that's just me. ;)

• Like 2

Only posts allowed from now on:

"I'm so happy since I bought my Klipsch speakers they are the best speakers ever! Customer service is fantastic only took me 6 months to get the parts I needed so have no problem sending newbies that direction when / if needed, did I mention I love Klipsch? Oh, you need a part you can get from another vendor in 3 days but don't want to wait 6 months? Don't mention it here or you'll get a time out- I'm just so happy! I'm going to post more pictures of my Klipsch speakers, guys will you please do the same? Make sure they are exactly as they were when sold from the factory though or you'll be in time out. Are we having fun yet?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3