Another thread deleted?

avguytx

But I whole heartedly agree in that it's Klipsch's forum and they can govern and police it however they see fit as it does need that when things go to the rude point with name calling, etc.  They also have the right to delete posts, threads, ban people, remove reviews from their website for products they don't like, etc.  It happens.  I spent 25 years in that industry.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, avguytx said:

They also have the right to delete posts, threads, ban people, remove reviews from their website for products they don't like, etc.  It happens.  I spent 25 years in that industry.

Ha! I've been here for 22  years and have had all of those things done to me with the exception of the last. 😮 

58 minutes ago, Schu said:

can we delete this thread please...

There was actually a time where some of us could but found it was an unfortunate mistake...Too bad because I was ready to let the ax fly! 😁

On 9/22/2022 at 9:45 PM, soundbound said:

It’s this simple, this is a discussion forum and if you get easily offended while discussing, or receiving counterpoints to your findings and comments, you shouldn’t post and only read. If challenges can’t be tolerated, then advanced learning is doomed by us all.

This ^ 100x this. 

And threads and posts aren’t deleted, they are hidden. I was banned for 30 days last year and put on moderated posts because I was being an ***. Klipsch/Roy expects civil, respectful behavior. He always says something in the thread before the hammer comes down. 

In my thread, some just showed up to complain and comment about the injustice of it all. I asked one person to call me to hash it out, and they called me while drunk, and not making any sense at all. Another, who supports another vendor, just had to come in and talk about how unprofessional my work is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.  So, yeah, all that got cleaned out, and I was grateful. Thank you @Travis In Austin

When the section was changed to have an emphasis on restorations as opposed to modifications, everyone just seemed to forget whose house they were in. One suggested the area should have been renamed “Kool-Aid Drinkers.” So yeah, bye, bye. Oh yeah, you can blame me for that. I came up with the new name and suggested it to Roy, saying the culture here would never change unless Klipsch did it. There are at least a half dozen different places to go to discuss and promote modifications. I guess we love our Klipsch speakers, but only if we do x y z to them. Maybe try to view this through their lens, which is what I decided to do.

• Like 3

I think the boss, and yes there is a boss of this forum, is saying "My way or the highway."  I do not know who it is. Probably someone high up on the food chain. 

The post by members seen on this forum is just a small part of the many visitors that visit this site everyday. Boss wants this site cleaned up and flying straight with the emphasis on Klipsch. Does not want visitors coming here just to see two grown men arguing about who is right and who is wrong about some silly topic. That and wants more Klipsch talk. His forum his rules or find some other playground. I like this forum having owned my LaScala's for 36 years. I found about the Klipsch sound many years ago and it is still my favorite speaker. 

I ask this earnestly and seriously: What happens when a restoration requires a modification because of unobtainable parts? I’ve had vintage electronics restored by a techs using their knowledge and creativity to work around problems that could not be fixed because of no longer available OEM parts or substitutes. Where is the line drawn?

1 hour ago, veloceleste said:

I ask this earnestly and seriously: What happens when a restoration requires a modification because of unobtainable parts? I’ve had vintage electronics restored by a techs using their knowledge and creativity to work around problems that could not be fixed because of no longer available OEM parts or substitutes. Where is the line drawn?

Good question. I believe in such cases such will be permitted if component is not available from Klipsch. With vintage electronics unobtainable active parts is a common problem but someone that understands the data sheet of the part can likely find a replacement that works as good or better. With Klipsch speakers one should check with Klipsch for the original part first. At least I would think so. You will find other parts that will work but then it would not be Klipsch. My thinking is the boss wants to keep this forum, when it comes to speakers, Klipsch talk. 

• Klipsch Employees

I work at Klipsch...and I stopped hanging out here due to the down right stupid things in here...Folks acting like 3y old's getting their feeling hurt over someones else using a word they didn't like. I have been on here for 22 years. There has been serious talk of taking it all down. The employees that do come here are doing so as a volunteer. Taking time out of their day to keep this place going. With out them, this place would not be here.  WE get SO TIRED of the SAME thing OVER AND OVER...."we know better than a 75y old co. and the trained engineers that design the product, Do this to your speaker and hear it get better"  Go build your own damn speaker company and leave ours alone. Many of the post on here just prove the point that it is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than opening your mouth and proving it. 

I have "stepped in it" a few times and gave bad data...I try hard to correct that and own up to my mistakes. The drama here is just TOO MUCH. Some bonehead sent customer service a mail bitching about Roy calling him bonehead and Roy being the Chief Bonehead...( I say butthead, but that is just me). Bitching about a guy that has been here for almost 40 years won't change much....Something tells me they like having him around. Once he gives up, my guess is this place will be gone.

Proceed with caution...

PS: I have NO power to change a thing, I just see the writing on the walls...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Trey Cannon said:

I work at Klipsch...and I stopped hanging out here due to the down right stupid things in here...Folks acting like 3y old's getting their feeling hurt over someones else using a word they didn't like. I have been on here for 22 years. There has been serious talk of taking it all down. The employees that do come here are doing so as a volunteer. Taking time out of their day to keep this place going. With out them, this place would not be here.  WE get SO TIRED of the SAME thing OVER AND OVER...."we know better than a 75y old co. and the trained engineers that design the product, Do this to your speaker and hear it get better"  Go build your own damn speaker company and leave ours alone. Many of the post on here just prove the point that it is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than opening your mouth and proving it. 

I have "stepped in it" a few times and gave bad data...I try hard to correct that and own up to my mistakes. The drama here is just TOO MUCH. Some bonehead sent customer service a mail bitching about Roy calling him bonehead and Roy being the Chief Bonehead...( I say butthead, but that is just me). Bitching about a guy that has been here for almost 40 years won't change much....Something tells me they like having him around. Once he gives up, my guess is this place will be gone.

Proceed with caution...

PS: I have NO power to change a thing, I just see the writing on the walls...

I would hate to see this forum come to an end. I believe it is still savable. Do not let a few bad apples spoil the whole barrel. It has been up a very long time. I have been coming here listening for too many years to remember how long. I think it just needs guided in the right direction of which I can see it happening already. With the right leadership I can see this place being a good place to learn of Klipsch and their products. When the focus is not on Klipsch and promotion of their products I can see why Klipsch has been discussing taking the site down. Guys we need to get with the program or just quietly move on and quit complaining. 

Check the number of visitors coming to this site Trey and you will see many, many more visitors than the ones always posting. I believe this website can be very beneficial to Klipsch. As I said on Roy's thread he or someone like him has a big megaphone here if they just use it and reach a lot of potential customers who will purchase their products. Called word of mouth advertisement for just the cost of maintaining the site. Cheap these day with the cost of advertising being so high. 

• Like 2

Listen to what Klipsch is saying guys if you want this place to stay. A lot said in a few words. From the mouth of Klipsch!

WE get SO TIRED of the SAME thing OVER AND OVER...."we know better than a 75y old co. and the trained engineers that design the product, Do this to your speaker and hear it get better"  Go build your own damn speaker company and leave ours alone. 

• Klipsch Employees

Henry,

I understand what is can be...I spent a LOT of time on here in the past. I am one of the most passionate about the product. Paul was a friend...it's personal. He cussed me and tossed me out of his house over a question I relayed from a member. He ask about changing one of PWK's speakers. It was a "change" that Paul had worked on 30y before. As a good engineer, he went down that road. Found it to be not worth the effort and moved on. By asking, it was an insult to Paul. Like we didn't think him enough of a engineer to have checked such a thing. "  %##$%$#^%$^ I spent 60 years making that speaker what it is and I don't need some %#%^#$%^$#^%$*$ yahoo trying to putz around with it. Get ^%#^%$E^&%$^$^$^&$^%$^&%$^$%^$ out.  Thanks to Mrs. K, the messenger was just bruised and I got a fine meal. Paul and I were closer after that. He knew I would take up that "fight".   I used to like this place...but once my BS meter was pegged, I had to get out for a while.    I have seen things change over the years and without Roy and a FEW others.....we wouldn't be having this convo...

There is a lot of history and info on here. It wouldn't be lost...I just worry about it becoming a "hangnail"....

I am just an albatross here... I fly in, crap on things and fly out.   Don't mind me. 

• Like 4

• Klipsch Employees
26 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

Listen to what Klipsch is saying guys if you want this place to stay. A lot said in a few words. From the mouth of Klipsch!

WE get SO TIRED of the SAME thing OVER AND OVER...."we know better than a 75y old co. and the trained engineers that design the product, Do this to your speaker and hear it get better"  Go build your own damn speaker company and leave ours alone. 

The "go build your own speaker co." was something Paul said while tossing me out of his house...I just used it.

THIS IS FROM THE MOUTH OF TREY CANNON....NOT KLIPSCH!

Edited by Trey Cannon
left something out.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1