Another thread deleted?

avguytx

6 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

Well looks like we ran another new member off the forum. Let’s all collectively pat ourselves on the back.

I hope not. The new member seemed to be a good guy with some really cool equipment and Captain is a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to electronics. I would like to think they can make amends and contribute to the forum again. The new guy started the thread and started talking about cables and Captain just disagreed with what he was saying. I think the proper thing for Captain to have done is start his own thread on the subject instead of what happened. I hope to see both back on after what appears to be a cooling off period for both of them. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Trey Cannon said:

The "go build your own speaker co." was something Paul said while tossing me out of his house...I just used it.

THIS IS FROM THE MOUTH OF TREY CANNON....NOT KLIPSCH!

Perhaps a technical salesman member? That is what my son is with a encryption software company as part of the sales team.  

I just wish the rules were spelled out clearly.  There has obviously been a change in policy as people have discussed modifications here for years, but I don't see that change spelled out in the community guidelines yet.  I would not have posted about my modified speaker if the rules had been clearly stated.  This is Klipsch's forum, and they can change the rules when they see fit.  Just don't leave us guessing about what the new rules are.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MMurg said:

I just wish the rules were spelled out clearly.  There has obviously been a change in policy as people have discussed modifications here for years, but I don't see that change spelled out in the community guidelines yet.  I would not have posted about my modified speaker if the rules had been clearly stated.  This is Klipsch's forum, and they can change the rules when they see fit.  Just don't leave us guessing about what the new rules are.

Yes, the fact they deleted your thread for no obvious reasons is extremely frustrating to me for some reason. I understand some of these other threads lately as they turned nasty but you highlighting your new H-Jub's with a masterfully done Belle mod has me shaking my head in disbelief. Honestly if this is the new direction they might as well shut it down. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

Well looks like we ran another new member off the forum. Let’s all collectively pat ourselves on the back.

I don't think anyone ran him off. He may not have appreciated the give-n-take discussion/debate and that might not be what he was looking for. Then again, he did seem like a nice guy and hopefully he will be back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MMurg said:

I just wish the rules were spelled out clearly. 

Ya know, I think the juvenile name calling gets old. It also appears to be against the TOS.

7 hours ago, Trey Cannon said:

Some bonehead sent customer service a mail bitching about Roy calling him bonehead and Roy being the Chief Bonehead...( I say butthead, but that is just me). Bitching about a guy that has been here for almost 40 years won't change much....

Yeah, this. Roy calls himself that as an endearing term, but others he may call "bonehead" may not understand, espessialy new people. Heck, I took a half year break after one of the MODs kept calling me "a joker" which was unwarranted. 🤐 I'm definitely not thin-skinned but I don't play that way and try to be respectful in conversations and my equally uncivil comeback would've gotten me banned. Anyway, just pointing out when the name calling begins is when folks get bent out of shape.

2 hours ago, MMurg said:

There has obviously been a change in policy as people have discussed modifications here for years, but I don't see that change spelled out in the community guidelines yet.  I would not have posted about my modified speaker if the rules had been clearly stated.  This is Klipsch's forum, and they can change the rules when they see fit.  Just don't leave us guessing about what the new rules are.

I don't know why your thread got deleted because it was interesting and seemed benign in the whole scheme of things. The only thing I can think of is if the builder also built speakers competing with the niche-Heritage audience. Otoh, as I mentioned before, if Klipsch can sell more Jubs by someone offering a center channel for them that seems like a win/win, imo.

1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:

Ya know, I think the juvenile name calling gets old. It also appears to be against the TOS.

I guess I should have been clearer in my first sentence there.  I just wish the NEW rules were spelled out clearly.   The guidelines seem pretty clear about courteous behavior, etc.  I meant we need the rules about topic boundaries stated clearly.

1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:

I don't know why your thread got deleted because it was interesting and seemed benign in the whole scheme of things. The only thing I can think of is if the builder also built speakers competing with the niche-Heritage audience. Otoh, as I mentioned before, if Klipsch can sell more Jubs by someone offering a center channel for them that seems like a win/win, imo.

The "builder" (i.e. the person who put the modified speaker together) was me and I don't sell anything.  The Forum member who built the replacement wood parts did it as a courtesy for me personally.  As far as I know, he only builds DIY speakers for his own use.  Of the two third-party parts that I mentioned, one is not a direct competitor to Klipsch as far as I can tell.  Admittedly, I haven't looked at every page of their website, but it's certainly not obvious that it's a competitor.  The other is actually an OEM supplier of a part for the Jubilee.  So, the only thing I can conclude from this is that modifications can no longer be discussed here.  If that is the case, spell that out in the community guidelines instead of enforcing an unstated rule.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, MMurg said:

... So, the only thing I can conclude from this is that modifications can no longer be discussed here.  If that is the case, spell that out in the community guidelines instead of enforcing an unstated rule.

If that's the case then it seems someone deleted it by mistake because this was the rule as I understood it: 

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/211766-crossover-repairs-and-restorations/&do=findComment&comment=2756741

21 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

If that's the case then it seems someone deleted it by mistake because this was the rule as I understood it: 

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/211766-crossover-repairs-and-restorations/&do=findComment&comment=2756741

Based on what Travis and Roy say in that thread, my post about my modified Belle likely should not have been deleted.  The modification was made for my personal use only.  I have nothing to peddle.  I also didn't call it an "upgrade".  I stated that I made the modification to make it a closer timbre matched center to the Jubilee.  So, to me the boundaries still aren't clear.  Also, I should not have to find a particular discussion thread to know about them.  They need to be in the community guidelines.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MMurg said:

Based on what Travis and Roy say in that thread, my post about my modified Belle likely should not have been deleted.  The modification was made for my personal use only.  I have nothing to peddle.  

Dude! You purchased Jubs!!!!! Fwiw, I think someone deleted by mistake because you are the market Klipsch should want. We'll see and since I haven't congratulated you before, CONGRATULATIONS for getting some REAL nice speakers and hope I have a chance to hear them somewhere. 😎 

• Like 2

When I joined this forum (over 10 years ago), it was the peak of people modifying old Klipsch speakers, and I got interested and starting doing mods myself. There was a wealth of information contributed by some very talented and knowledgeable people.

I joined the facebook one a couple years back, and soon found out that mods were frowned upon, and it was mostly promoting Klipsch products. I respected that, and was glad that this forum was still a safe haven for information on mods.

Now it seems that this forum is patterning itself after the facebook one, and I wouldn't be suprised if they don't merge in the future.

I said all that to say this: I can see all the mod people joining other groups, or starting a new group. I'll miss the old forum, but things change. There will always be an outlet for people to discuss their interests, if not here, than somewhere else.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, kevinmi said:

There will always be an outlet for people to discuss their interests, if not here, than somewhere else.

Yeah, but the History here is incredible! It used to be a place where discussion/debate on so many subjects other than Klipsch audio occured. Otoh, there was also more discussion of newer Klipsch speakers as I remember...🤔 Now it appears to be 80% Lounge traffic with most of the remaining older Heritage discussions--After all, getting back to best bang-for-your-buck it appears used Klipsch Heritage is right up there with older RF-7s/RB-75s in that regard. 

Sorry about the Belle thread.

Heritage Jube for 2 channel.

Guys talking wire pushed the 

envelope on courtesy talking.

If every time a thread or topic gets deleted, we only know of 2 admin. doing so.

They are in a position to do so.

Deleted my advice as not needed myself. Klipsch know

if they want this forum to continue. *Trey gave us clues.

Corporate goodwill is what has been given by Klipsch owners.

Expect the same from them like this forum... thanks.

Rumor has it forum may discontinue. We shall see.

Appears only the 2 admins.

want to moderate this place.

Never a word of asking for help in this matter.

Maybe they will clue us in if there is an issue at all that are considering action upon.

We want a forum where all is posting knowing what we 

post is good to go.

Without fear as the tool hanging over our respective heads.

This it is, and nothing more.

Sorry for the plural we. Likely incorrect...

Respectfully yours, bbb

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, billybob said:

Sorry about the Belle thread.

Heritage Jube for 2 channel.

Guys talking wire pushed the 

envelope on courtesy talking.

If every time a thread or topic gets deleted, we only know of 2 admin. doing so.

They are in a position to do so.

Deleted my advice as not needed myself. Klipsch know

if they want this forum to continue. *Trey gave us clues.

Corporate goodwill is what has been given by Klipsch owners.

Expect the same from them like this forum... thanks.

Rumor has it forum may discontinue. We shall see.

Appears only the 2 admins.

want to moderate this place.

Never a word of asking for help in this matter.

Maybe they will clue us in if there is an issue at all that are considering action upon.

We want a forum where all is posting knowing what we 

post is good to go.

Without fear as the tool hanging over our respective heads.

This it is, and nothing more.

Sorry for the plural we. Likely incorrect...

Respectfully yours, bbb

Yes. I also see that the forum's longevity depends on the 2 moderators and it reminds me that it's dwindled down from about 6 or so that volunteered about 6 years or so. Fwiw, @Mallette (RIP) championed (until he didn't) what I liked best about the forum and the rest despised those incredibly interesting non-audio conversations. Unfortunately (and I keep bringing this up) incivility brought that demise and will do so again is what I'm thinking...{Note: The new guy's thread that started this discussion was invited to be deleted and imo, was self-generated}

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yes, a believe it or not.

Not a believe it or else.

How can one not like billybob! He's the forum's Yoda, imo. 

• Haha 1