Another thread deleted?

avguytx

2 hours ago, Khornukopia said:
On 9/24/2022 at 3:16 PM, MMurg said:

The Forum member who built the replacement wood parts did it as a courtesy for me personally.  As far as I know, he only builds DIY speakers for his own use.

That is correct.

Then I gotta think it was a mistake. Fwiw, Roy banned me by mistake once and something similar could have happened to your thread. I saw it the night before it was gone and saw nothing wrong so I would contact either Roy or Travis to at least see if that's the case....Now it's a Forum mystery we all have a vested interest in! 😎

I am sorry for you diy speaker guys but Klipsch is tired of hearing about Joe Blow doing some changes to one of their speakers and claiming the change he did greatly improved the sound. From what Trey is saying Roy Delgado is the only one keeping this ship afloat. Many executives at Klipsch are thinking this site is not benefiting Klipsch and are thinking of shutting it down. I cannot blame Roy and the audio engineers at Klipsch because such claims of improving their speaker is down right insulting to them. Put yourself in their shoes. They visit this site daily and have been hearing such every day for many, many years. Diy speaker builders should find somewhere else to display their talent. Such as diyaudio.com. This does not mean you should not participate on this forum but to just keep your hobby talk in the proper place and not here. Does this seem logical to you guys or am I off base?

I do wish now since Klipsch is marketing Klipsch capacitors for diy'ers if they would consider opening their own store at this site much like diyaudio.com did a few years ago. There appears to me to be a demand for Klipsch authorized drivers and speakers along with the capacitors and crossovers for the old Heritage speakers on this site. That would shut down all the unapproved sellers of Klipsch's so called upgrades. I am sure the audio engineers could come up with drivers and speakers to provide their customers being there are so many good makers of drivers and speakers nowadays. They would just have to give their specs for a driver or speaker to a reputable company and see what they can deliver. Or possible expand their in house facilities for the demand of such a product. The market appears to be there. More profit for Klipsch and members and visitors here would enjoy spending their money with Klipsch instead of some layman selling such for our old Klipsch speakers. Just an old mans rambling talk early in the morning.  

On 9/24/2022 at 6:37 PM, MMurg said:

There has obviously been a change in policy as people have discussed modifications here for years, but I don't see that change spelled out in the community guidelines yet.

Title/name for modification sub forum has changed. And that is probably answer for your question what is allowed.

On 9/24/2022 at 1:20 PM, Trey Cannon said:

Folks acting like 3y old's getting their feeling hurt over someones else using a word they didn't like.

WE get SO TIRED of the SAME thing OVER AND OVER...

So again who acts like offended 3y old's?

Go build your own damn speaker company and leave ours alone.

Build own company to play (cause this is hobby for me and kind of childs play) with my own speakers (bough them so they are mine) in my own house? Why? You don't think that's too excessive? Of course Klipsch is not obligated to found place for this kind of discussions but this is another topic.

Many of the post on here just prove the point that it is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than opening your mouth and proving it.

100% agree on that.

2 hours ago, henry4841 said:

I am sorry for you diy speaker guys but Klipsch is tired of hearing about Joe Blow doing some changes to one of their speakers and claiming the change he did greatly improved the sound. From what Trey is saying Roy Delgado is the only one keeping this ship afloat. Many executives at Klipsch are thinking this site is not benefiting Klipsch and are thinking of shutting it down. I cannot blame Roy and the audio engineers at Klipsch because such claims of improving their speaker is down right insulting to them. Put yourself in their shoes. They visit this site daily and have been hearing such every day for many, many years. Diy speaker builders should find somewhere else to display their talent. Such as diyaudio.com. This does not mean you should not participate on this forum but to just keep your hobby talk in the proper place and not here. Does this seem logical to you guys or am I off base?

I do wish now since Klipsch is marketing Klipsch capacitors for diy'ers if they would consider opening their own store at this site much like diyaudio.com did a few years ago. There appears to me to be a demand for Klipsch authorized drivers and speakers along with the capacitors and crossovers for the old Heritage speakers on this site. That would shut down all the unapproved sellers of Klipsch's so called upgrades. I am sure the audio engineers could come up with drivers and speakers to provide their customers being there are so many good makers of drivers and speakers nowadays. They would just have to give their specs for a driver or speaker to a reputable company and see what they can deliver. Or possible expand their in house facilities for the demand of such a product. The market appears to be there. More profit for Klipsch and members and visitors here would enjoy spending their money with Klipsch instead of some layman selling such for our old Klipsch speakers. Just an old mans rambling talk early in the morning.  

I found myself thinking about all this stuff you said and then reflecting on what brought me to this forum to begin with. I had bought two sets of La Scalas and they sounded different. So I go online to try and find out why and ran across this forum. Why did I come here to begin with? To find out how to fix my old Klipsch speakers. Many of us would never have participated in this forum if it was a cheer leading club for unadultrated pure Klipsch. I came here for answers first and foremost. I happen to Like Klipsch more then any other commercially produced speaker and have proven that by the hundreds of sets of Klipsch gear I have sought out and fixed and moved on. I don't look for any other type to work on except Altec A-7's and that has been but a handful. Along the way I know I have sold new systems for Klipsch because I exposed many to Klipsch and some went on to buy new.

• Like 5

Trey Cannon tries to downplay his role at Klipsch but it you read his title description at Klipsch you will see Sr Systems engineer. A quick googling finds this. 

What is a Sr systems engineer?
Under general supervision, assists in analyzing, planning, implementing, maintaining, troubleshooting and enhancing large complex systems or networks consisting of a combination that may include servers, mainframes, mini-computers, LANS, WANs.

Unless there are changes made this site is doomed. I happen to like this site and would like to see it stay up and running. Go along with the changes or keep quite or move on is what I have to say. Talk Klipsch and their excellent speakers and everyone just behave and respect each other and others opinions. Start your own thread with an opposing view if you disagree with what someone says. Do not crap on their thread. Just common sense things to keep peace. 

We should not need policing by busy moderators to keep civility on this forum. Police ourselves. 

12 minutes ago, Dave A said:

I found myself thinking about all this stuff you said and then reflecting on what brought me to this forum to begin with. I had bought two sets of La Scalas and they sounded different. So I go online to try and find out why and ran across this forum. Why did I come here to begin with? To find out how to fix my old Klipsch speakers. Many of us would never have participated in this forum if it was a cheer leading club for unadultrated pure Klipsch. I came here for answers first and foremost. I happen to Like Klipsch more then any other commercially produced speaker and have proven that by the hundreds of sets of Klipsch gear I have sought out and fixed and moved on. I don't look for any other type to work on except Altec A-7's and that has been but a handful. Along the way I know I have sold new systems for Klipsch because I exposed many to Klipsch and some went on to buy new.

Dave I respect what you say and like what you have done but times have changed. A Klipsch store would be a great place to upgrade old Heritage speakers. Surely there has been improvements in drivers and speakers in 30, 40 or even 50 years since the Heritage line was introduced. I would welcome a Klipsch store for people such as yourself. Surely you would favor an authorized Klipsch component designed by Klipsch audio engineers over another component maker. I would love to see a replacement for the old but very good AA network using the antiquated autotransformer that has not been used in modern designs in decades. Would be a great seller in my humble opinion. A real Klipsch upgrade for old Heritage speakers. Market is there if Klipsch wants to fill it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

Guys what I have said about a Klipsch store is just my opinion and may not be the way Klipsch wants to proceed for the future. I admit to not being the sharpest knife in the kitchen. I just like being a part of this forum and would hate to see it go. 

All of us would hate to see it go and corporate has to decide if it is primarily their toy to promote things on, or the toy of people who voluntarily came here because of traditional content that drew them in to begin with. I have a dim view of many corporate decisions made in general and if it continues this way and worse many long time users will leave. I see a fair number of names over on AudioKarma that used to be here and were solid contributors of knowledge.

Four years ago I was talking to Roy at the pilgrimage. He was busting out with pride and excitement over all the Klipsch speaker owners there. I have seen him help behind the scenes and for these reasons I tend to believe what Trey says about him fighting to keep the forum alive. The question now becomes for users to decide if the new way is palatable or move on. Or corporate decides to just axe it because they want to not because it is wise to.

I'm new here. I joined when I decided to resurrect a pair of H700 Heresies that I rescued from a fire ravaged house, 16 years ago and had been sitting in my carriage house, collecting dust. I'm a 52 year-old polymath and autodidact; an inner city dwelling working class slob; a Joe Blow master carpenter, specializing in very high end residential remodeling, whose income just barely places him in the middle class; a grad school dropout, just 8 hours shy of his Masters. I have a strong appreciation of things that are hand made and built to last; I have Grand Cru tastes, but a Bota Box budget. I am probably not Klipsch's target demographic. 

When I decided to rebuild my H700's, I wasn't sure that I wanted to spend a lot of money; I literally chose between throwing them in the trash or fixing them up. I dove into the archives and read everything I could about Heresy speakers, the original networks and updates through the years. There is a treasure trove of information here and I am incredibly grateful for that. However, reading the comments on the Heresy H700, H1-3 iterations, it became clear that my initial impressions of my ratty and ancient, 51 year-old speakers weren't far off the mark, and became concerned that even after bringing them back up to spec on a budget, I might still be dissatisfied. In doing research, I couldn't help but notice the infectious enthusiasm for the experiments and modifications to early versions of the Heresies to bring them up to contemporary listening standards, excitement that has all but evaporated in the past year. As such, I followed the threads, modified my H700's to the "Super Heresy" spec and could not be more impressed or satisfied.

Yeah, I noticed the plugs for the "authorized vendors" when I first posted my project, but brushed it off. Coming from the motorcycle industry and being a lifelong BMW Motorrad fan, I'm well accustomed to the chorus of "stock is best" and assumed that was what it was. However, as I've been on the site close to a month, it's looking increasingly more like outright shilling, a dogged and rigid orthodoxy and even a decent amount of overly-creepy fan-boyism, from what I assume are middle-aged men.

It. Is. Weird.

What I'm getting from the new and improved forum vibe and this thread in particular, is that I am not welcome here. It is insisting is that I must leave my components stock, use only official parts and if I'm not satisfied, I am wrong, because I'm not using my components correctly and am required to shell out between $5000-$6500 to get products that perform to my expectations. That's a fine how to do. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OO1 said:

there is  a klipsch Store  , the klipsch Parts dept .......... klipsch Genuine parts from the klipsch Parts Bins at rebated prices  , shipped by UPS  , (  the buyer must   provide Serial numbers ) .

What I am talking about is a store on this forum. Articles for sale in store where you purchase them online and they are shipped to you. Must be working well and showing a profit at diyaudio. Perhaps I am wrong but I see it as a winner for everyone but then what do I know. Just an old redneck from Alabama.

But what you posted is correct. 

10 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

What I am talking about is a store on this forum. Articles for sale in store where you purchase them online and they are shipped to you. Must be working well and showing a profit at diyaudio. Perhaps I am wrong but I see it as a winner for everyone but then what do I know. Just an old redneck from Alabama.

But what you posted is correct. 

I don't know how to kindly break this to you but never happen. Go look at the old veneer options available some years ago and look at today's. Klipsch has been bought out and is a profit vehicle for people who are not audiophiles. They are never going to support old speakers and someone had to recruit JEM and Dean to even get crossovers back in but not directly supported or sold by Klipsch. Dean, if I am reading right, had to fund parts from Universal Transformer from his own pocket. The large deep pockets of Klipsch were not available for this if, once again, I am reading what was said rightly. I will give you an example. The old drones from the Fortes were cloth surround. Klipsch did in time offer a compatible part but it had a rubber surround. You want to restore your old Forte you can't to this day as far as I know get a cloth surround drone. It is so bad I once sold a set of Fortes to a guy. He told me to keep the speaker and send him the drones only. A Palladium owner trying to find parts with no luck was posting on the forum a short time ago. The highest end speaker Klipsch sold at the time and no current support parts.

Old speaker parts are only important to we old speaker owners and the bean counters at Klipsch are not going to sink time money and inventory into items of no interest to them compared to selling new sets of speakers. DIY Audio is run by and started by audio hobbyists some of whom have gone on to create the commercial offerings you see there at times.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Tom05 said:

Man , I  wish I could get a few of my threads deleted .🤓

Fwiw, I would trade all of my posts that remain for those that were deleted...

4 hours ago, henry4841 said:

They visit this site daily and have been hearing such every day for many, many years.

For the record, I'm pretty sure they haven't visited here daily, but point taken. 

Count me in as another who has no idea where I fit here anymore. I have been a VERY occasional visitor over the last couple of years, but a 20 year member with a lot of road traveled, making contacts with forum members I have had relationships with over the years to do "The Lifetime Restoration" on my four pairs of Klipsch cabs.

I basically did all four as Crites woofers, MAHL tweeters, A55G and Dean's high end parted networks. I spent the last two years building them out/restoring the cabs, all basically "drop in" replacement - sticking with the PWK "geometry and schematic" with aftermarket replacement parts. I did it because I could easily source the parts, many report good results from them, and I could do the work myself, allowing for the restoration of the cabs such that I could enjoy them for another 50 years as they have to date. I also spent extensive time actually sampling those parts.

And now I don't know if I can go any further - or if point of fact I went too far already.

I also don't know what the rules exactly are. As I told Dean in a conversation - "This all looks like 'The Obscenity Standard' " where one (the deciders/moderators) "know it when they see it". And as one who has been here for 20+ years but not much recently I have to wonder if I'm even ALLOWED here.

I don't have anymore "stock"/all Klipsch parted speakers anymore albeit redone with drop-in replacement parts.

But as one who rally WANTS to know (because I really don't want to grind gears here trying to find out) I'm just trying - from the POV of one who just finished both systems in terms of speaker resoraion and electronics updating, thought I would report the builds - to know whether I should or if it's acceptable. It seems not.

So now I'm thinking I better not, because I have NO IDEA what the rules are other than that the forum is apparently shunning anything "not Klipsch" (there own it and is their right).

Even if it means that I "should show myself the door" I DO think those remaining deserve to have a "standard of practices" around here rather than what seems to be "The Obscenity Standard" where that definition is in the eyes of the beholding moderator. Made less blurry, it becomes SOMEWHAT easier to apply that standard (albeit understood that it will still have issues).

Just trying to set my compass/GPS here.....

• Like 5