Another thread deleted?

avguytx

1 hour ago, gigantic said:

What I'm getting from the new and improved forum vibe and this thread in particular, is that I am not welcome here

Ha! What got me here was learning about all things Klipsch INCLUDING contemplating if I needed a "deang" crossover for my new RF-7s. 😁

1 hour ago, gigantic said:

I have Grand Cru tastes, but a Bota Box budget. I am probably not Klipsch's target demographic. 

This actually is the Klipsch target market for most of their products.

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

All of us would hate to see it go and corporate has to decide if it is primarily their toy to promote things on, or the toy of people who voluntarily came here because of traditional content that drew them in to begin with.

Fwiw, what kept me here WAS the extraneous conversations we had BSing over important contemporary topics. The value to Klipsch over the years is we help sell speakers and answered Customer Service questions on setup while we were doing so (I also was heavily involved over at AVSFORUM).

2 hours ago, henry4841 said:

.... Talk Klipsch and their excellent speakers and everyone just behave and respect each other and others opinions. Start your own thread with an opposing view if you disagree with what someone says. Do not crap on their thread. Just common sense things to keep peace

We should not need policing by busy moderators to keep civility on this forum. Police ourselves. 

Imo, here is the crux and we've come full circle: There's no longer much talk about new speakers and most of the customer service material are complaints--It used to not be that way. Otoh, (I know. I've mentioned this before) the vast amount of traffic is from the LOUNGE section followed by the DIY crowd involving updating old  Heritage speakers. I still think a telling irony is that a guy bought Klipsch most expensive speakers and had his thread deleted (if it wasn't a mistake) because he had a center channel created because there wasn't one available.  That's my take over morning coffee.

2 hours ago, henry4841 said:

Trey Cannon tries to downplay his role at Klipsch but it you read his title description at Klipsch you will see Sr Systems engineer. A quick googling finds this. 

Btw, although they may not remember me, I met both Trey and Roy in person and had several conversations with them on non-audio related subjects which were more-than-interesting in a unfortunately defunct forum that no longer exists...

• Like 1

Guys old ones move on and new ones appear. If there is going to be a future Klipsch forum it has to be the way the boss says. How long would you survive if you argued with the boss at work? Suck it up or quit and move on somewhere else is what Klipsch is saying. Some of you guys do not like it and I am not all for everything being done but the boss is the boss. As my Dad use to say "The boss is not always right but he is always the boss." Just my opinion which carries very little weight around here. 

16 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

How long would you survive if you argued with the boss at work? Suck it up or quit and move on somewhere else is what Klipsch is saying

Fwiw, this has been a community of content creators (with many becoming friends along with purchasers)  and your "boss" analogy falls flat. Otoh, moderators have a job to do and I appreciate them doing it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

Guys old ones move on and new ones appear. If there is going to be a future Klipsch forum it has to be the way the boss says. How long would you survive if you argued with the boss at work? Suck it up or quit and move on somewhere else is what Klipsch is saying. Some of you guys do not like it and I am not all for everything being done but the boss is the boss. As my Dad use to say "The boss is not always right but he is always the boss." Just my opinion which carries very little weight here. 

But therein lies the problem. It seems a nebulous and moving standard. It's like the Obscenity Standard - "you know it when you see it". The problem is that can be very fluid and lead to more problems than it solves. Make a set of rules then enforce them. There should be a "sticky" on this topic laying it all out in the "updates" or other prominent section of the forum.

I've been reading between the lines here for three days and still don't know the EXACT rules and approach I should be employing here (this after not much time over two years in between). If I can't just look up what the new rules are here they are gonna get broken by people unintentionally too.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

This actually is the Klipsch target market for most of their products.

yes, but perhaps not me. Klipsch's non-heritage line are really fine products and stand up well against the competition in the market place, however, as a craftsman who makes heirloom grade cabinetry and works on projects with budgets between $700k - $30,000,000.00, I have a stronger appreciation for things that are hand made, with enduring quality. I regard Klipsch's non heritage lines as essentially consumer products that, while being of high quality, don't hold their value as strongly. They are cheaper for the company to manufacture, easier for the average consumer to buy, However, I have a feeling that in 50 years from now, people won't be clamoring for answers on how to restore their R-800s, the same way that people are maintaining their vintage Heresies, Cornwalls & Klipschorns today. It's the Heritage line that has my attention, even as I realize that they're largely out of reach due to my social class and income.

To that end, as befits my annual earnings, pretty much everything I own is either 2nd hand, but high end; modified to perform beyond the manufacturer's spec or hand made by me to approximate the quality of things I can't afford to purchase (the latter points are primarily with regard to guitars- one of my hobbies is building and finishing custom guitars that retail between $2200-$3500.00. Because I have a modicum of skill, I can make a lot of things like furniture and musical instruments that are of equal or better better quality than I could ever afford to buy). That's what I mean by "I'm not Klipsch's target market." My current impressions about not being welcome here not withstanding, I might buy a Klipsch subwoofer or satellite speakers, but I can only fantasize about buying new Fortes, La Scallas or Cornwalls. Given the warm welcome I've received here, well... I'll let youse read between the lines.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, henry4841 said:

Diy speaker builders should find somewhere else to display their talent. Such as diyaudio.com. This does not mean you should not participate on this forum but to just keep your hobby talk in the proper place and not here. Does this seem logical to you guys or am I off base?

Do you think the Klipsch SPEAKER forum should delete the Talkin' Tubes section?

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

Guys old ones move on and new ones appear. If there is going to be a future Klipsch forum it has to be the way the boss says. How long would you survive if you argued with the boss at work? Suck it up or quit and move on somewhere else is what Klipsch is saying. Some of you guys do not like it and I am not all for everything being done but the boss is the boss. As my Dad use to say "The boss is not always right but he is always the boss." Just my opinion which carries very little weight around here. 

I argued with "my boss" all the time at one job because he was an idiot. Corporate gave him enough rope that he eventually hung himself. A fitting end. You can be a boss, but if you are not respected (and a people person), then your days are numbered. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Fwiw, this has been a community of content creators (with many becoming friends along with purchasers)  and your "boss" analogy falls flat. Otoh, moderators have a job to do and I appreciate them doing it.

I believe you are entirely wrong. The moderators just listen and do what the boss tells them. This is not their forum it is Roy's from what I am hearing. If he says take it down then it will go down. That is if what Trey says is true which I believe is. Believe what you want but just the way I am interpreting what I am hearing. You guys just will not quit. Good luck arguing with Klipsch about this forum. 

As far as new rules, it is pretty plain to me. Post something they do not approve of and it will be taken down. If you object you may have to go sit in a corner a while like you did in elementary school. 

4 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

....and if it's legal to talk about tubes on the Klipsch Forum is the fact that I'm using those tubes to drive aftermarket drivers in Klipsch cabs and geometry grounds to make my posts not valid or allowable? 

I'm not trying to be facetious here but genuinely trying to figure out just where I do or MIGHT fit in here anymore and how to handle this topics. EVERYTHING I post whether it be speakers or gear could get called in for "review" in my own mind anyway....and in fact has me "reviewing" where this all goes for me posting here. Is the generality of Klipsch cabs/schematic/horns with aftermarket drivers even within the realm of allowability, even when discussing the gear that drives them?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gigantic said:

I regard Klipsch's non heritage lines as essentially consumer products that, while being of high quality, don't hold their value as strongly. They are cheaper for the company to manufacture, easier for the average consumer to buy, However, I have a feeling that in 50 years from now, people won't be clamoring for answers on how to restore their R-800s, the same way that people are maintaining their vintage Heresies, Cornwalls & Klipschorns today. It's the Heritage line that has my attention....

There's the rub! When it comes to best bang-for-your-buck the USED Heritage line is where it at. I can't imagine they sell enough new Heritage speakers to be worthwhile (read commercially feasible)and only have them available for legacy's sake. My on going thoughts on this is the reason for the change here maybe for Klipsch interest in aftermarket considerations. 🤔

5 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

If they do I will just move on to the diyaudio forum. Been a member there for many years posting my builds and describing them there. I will not fault Klipsch for not wanting me doing what I am doing on the tube section if they say no. I just thought many here would like to see what I have been doing as far as audio since retiring.

Good grief guys you are beating a dead horse complaining. What do ya'll think you will accomplish doing so much bit*****. It is what it is and doubtful you are going to make friends with the boss here making so much noise. If it were me I would not listen to too much more on this thread if I were Roy or Trey. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Curious_George said:

I argued with "my boss" all the time at one job because he was an idiot. Corporate gave him enough rope that he eventually hung himself. A fitting end. You can be a boss, but if you are not respected (and a people person), then your days are numbered. 

George I think you understand what I am saying. Arguing with the boss too much will surely get you fired. Believe me I know.  🙂  At least the jobs I have had way back when. 

7 minutes ago, Audible Nectar said:

...and if it's legal to talk about tubes on the Klipsch Forum is the fact that I'm using those tubes to drive aftermarket drivers in Klipsch cabs and geometry grounds to make my posts not valid or allowable? 

Fwiw, I would  think the next thing on the chopping block is talking about non-Klipsch subwoofers! ☠

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Zen Traveler said:

Fwiw, I would  think the next thing on the chopping block is talking about non-Klipsch subwoofers! ☠

No; the Garage Sale. At least that's what PS Audio did when they revamped their forum. But you are on the right track; its is a Klipsch Forum after all.

• Like 1

Just now, Zen Traveler said:

You may be correct. I like and respect Mr. Degado, but It's REALLY going to get boring if this place only becomes about him and his wishes. That's my take.

Opinion noted Zen. I happen to like what Roy has done here lately. Put this forum back on what Klipsch wants it to be. I happen to like and believe in Klipsch myself and all the people they have working there. Been a loyal Klipsch fan for 36 years now. I am old enough to remember stereo shops that had a large listening room where one could listen to high end speakers and amplifiers. I was floored when I first heard a K-horn with a McIntosh tube amplifier. There were some other horn speakers I liked as well but for me it was Klipsch horns. Back then one could compare the different brands of speakers and find one they liked that fit their pocketbook. 

7 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

Opinion noted Zen. I happen to like what Roy has done here lately. Put this forum back on what Klipsch wants it to be. I

BTW; is it just me being non-observant or have the descriptions of the sub-forums been updated to reflect Klipsch products? Most now are labelled talking about "our" or "Klipsch" products. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Audible Nectar said:

I also don't know what the rules exactly are. As I told Dean in a conversation - "This all looks like 'The Obscenity Standard' " where one (the deciders/moderators) "know it when they see it". And as one who has been here for 20+ years but not much recently I have to wonder if I'm even ALLOWED here.

Klipsch has already come out and said this place is on the chopping block and that they don't care who's here or who leaves. My guess is that it could disappear at any moment so if there's info, pics, charts or part numbers etc you may need in the future search them out now and save them for they might not be here tomorrow.  Get contact info from people you want to stay in touch with or find people on other forums I really believe it's just a matter of time.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Klipsch has already come out and said this place is on the chopping block and that they don't care who's here or who leaves. My guess is that it could disappear at any moment so if there's info, pics, charts or part numbers etc you may need in the future search them out now and save them for they might not be here tomorrow.  Get contact info from people you want to stay in touch with or find people on other forums I really believe it's just a matter of time.

Perhaps not if we behave and listen to what they are saying. I still have hope for this forum. Been coming here lurking for like 20 years. At least that is how long I think it has been. Long time anyways. This forum just need the proper leadership and direction to be what Klipsch wants it to be. If it does not benefit Klipsch why would they bother with the expense of keeping it up and running. I believe it would be a loss for all concerned if we loose this forum. Like, or at least accept, what is happening or just move on. I want Klipsch to keep it up and running and I bet there are many old timers that feel the same way along with the many visitors this site has that never post. They reason many do not post is you guys can be a rough bunch at times. Sorry but that is the way I see it. All the complaining some are doing is the very reason Klipsch is considering taking this forum down. Might be fine to loose this forum for some but not for me.