Another thread deleted?

avguytx

I find myself fortunate to have joined this forum years ago.

The Klipsch crossovers fascinated me, and I really wanted to learn what the capacitors, inductors, and autoformers did in a circuit. It was through modifying, measuring, and listening that I was able to learn.

I will always be grateful for those types of discussions, and to all those that contributed to them.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, oldtimer said:

True.  A real Yoda would not care.  Or is it Yoda care not people think?

Yoda say, since the covid and the politics surrounding, we have been less civil towards our fellow members. Yoda cares, yet cannot unwind the past Luke. Just want to help someone, not hurt them. 

Hope Peace prevail...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, henry4841 said:

Diy speaker builders should find somewhere else to display their talent. Such as diyaudio.com. This does not mean you should not participate on this forum but to just keep your hobby talk in the proper place and not here. Does this seem logical to you guys or am I off base?

47 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

Do you think the Klipsch SPEAKER forum should delete the Talkin' Tubes section?

35 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

... I just thought many here would like to see what I have been doing as far as audio since retiring.

So you are saying tube amp DIY is okay on the Klipsch forum, but personalizing our Klipsch speaker system is NOT okay?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Khornukopia said:

So you are saying tube amp DIY is okay on the Klipsch forum, but personalizing our Klipsch speaker system is NOT okay?

I really think you understand what Klipsch is saying. Klipsch is a speaker company and if someone wants to talk about any other speaker besides Klipsch they can take that talk somewhere else. Easy for me to understand. I can understand the frustration many are feeling because such talk of modifying or building ones speakers was allowed for so long but that does not make it right. Now they want it to stop. Sorry for you guys but ya'll have made many friends here so please stay but post builds and tweaks somewhere else. Respect is what Klipsch is after and deserve. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

Klipsch has already come out and said this place is on the chopping block and that they don't care who's here or who leaves. My guess is that it could disappear at any moment so if there's info, pics, charts or part numbers etc you may need in the future search them out now and save them for they might not be here tomorrow.  Get contact info from people you want to stay in touch with or find people on other forums I really believe it's just a matter of time.

This post is out of character for you. Why are you driving up paranoia? Trey only said it had been discussed. When we become a bigger pain then any benefit we are contributing, sure, why bother with it, can you blame them? If they were going to disappear the place they wouldn’t have bothered spending three days to rebuild the server two weeks ago (thanks @Chad). 

Why suffocate them with all of this? Give them some room to breathe and navigate.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, deang said:

This post is out of character for you. Why are you driving up paranoia?

With the deletion of @MMurg Belle mod thread I see no other direction than a complete wipe out of old Mod threads, how else are they going to stop that type of content here with so many threads on Google search? Either they clean the slate and clearly define new rules or they will have to continually police the site and step on toes the entire time. If you see another way this works I'd be curious to hear it. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

With the deletion of @MMurg Belle mod thread I see no other direction than a complete wipe out of old Mod threads, how else are they going to stop that type of content here with so many threads on Google search? Either they clean the slate and clearly define new rules or they will have to continually police the site and step on toes the entire time. If you see another way this works I'd be curious to hear it. 

Agreed.  Also, there were some modifications that were once acceptable here, like the various forms of JubScala with a K-402 or K-510 replacing the stock mid/high components.  I believe Roy even provided DSP settings for a few of those combinations.  My modified Belle is really conceptually no different than those except for the fact that I used a non-Klipsch horn.  (The compression driver is the same one that's in the new Jubilee.)  Perhaps the use of that horn was enough to disqualify it from acceptability.  Who knows.  So, the rules have changed and I'm fine with that.  It's Klipsch's sandbox.  I'll risk flogging an expired equine here and restate, get those rules in the community guidelines.  I think I've said enough on this topic.

beating-a-dead-horse-gif-14.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, henry4841 said:

And I think that is the real reason Klipsch is feed up with this forum and considering taking it down. 

The forum took a noticeable downward move after Carl stepped down as moderator. Carl was expert at defusing and redirecting bad threads with a few polite PM's.

• Thanks 2

So in essence, they are wanting this site to only be for singing of praises of all newer, and older speakers, in full stock form, with using parts that are only recommended by Klipsch, even when Klipsch doesn't actually have the parts.  Even with people who might own Epic stuff, for example, with replacements that are unobtanium, including grill emblems, woofers, HF drivers, etc.  People/consumers search ALL OVER THE INTERNET for input on their older speakers....not necessarily here.  If that's the direction of the forum, then there will be a lot of people on THIS forum trying to woo the people to listen to this forum versus every other location online, which outnumber this site with a huge ratio.  

I get both sides of it, honestly.  I'm not batting for either side here and it really won't make or break my day.  I have CF-3's of which no parts are available for and there are many others out there that do, too.  So where would they be directed, for example.  I also have ads speakers which there is no "ads company" yet there is someone who can repair and/or rebuild them along with a wealth of knowledge about them.  

I know that the majority of this stems from VOXX (Audiovox back in 2011), the parent company, as I used to be a rep for Audiovox, and other companies, that are/were owned by VOXX.  Every time a company I sold at retail, or rep'd, got bought out by VOX, they changed many facets of their business structure, representation, etc.  You can read about how this changed with VOXX owning Onkyo/Integra, a company I used to rep, that is gone now in the U.S. .  That's what "big corp" does and I know it first hand; it's not a new thing.

And I definitely would like to see Klipsch stay around in this crazy climate of consumer electronics.  They are in my home state and I'm about 3 hours from them.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, deang said:

When we become a bigger pain then any benefit we are contributing, sure, why bother with it, can you blame them? If they were going to disappear the place they wouldn’t have bothered spending three days to rebuild the server two weeks ago (thanks @Chad). 

Why suffocate them with

Didn't know about new server so thanks. Don't know what others want, but like the place when helping newbies with their

new or older Klipsch as best can do. Thankfully there are members here that know more than me they can turn to.

If Klipsch support can do that, and other sites cool.

Haven't a doubt in my mind we promote sales and Klipsch with goodwill.

No point in a reply, as we have been here long enough to know each other's opinion, I trust.

I've said likely way too much already.

Good fortune Klipsch!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Dave A said:

The forum took a noticeable downward move after Carl stepped down as moderator. Carl was expert at defusing and redirecting bad threads with a few polite PM's.

Yes he is a helluva guy...just like you. I am blessed to know you both.

3 hours ago, billybob said:

Yoda say, since the covid and the politics surrounding, we have been less civil towards our fellow members. Yoda cares, yet cannot unwind the past Luke. Just want to help someone, not hurt them. 

Hope Peace prevail...

Yep. That was a weird time and it was the lowest common denominator that closed down those important discussions. We ALL were learning new things and tried to deal with it as a community...Others, not so much.

3 hours ago, henry4841 said:

And I think that is the real reason Klipsch is feed up with this forum and considering taking it down. 

Imo, that may be the scapegoat, but there appears to be marketing decisions as well as the forum has outgrown its usefulness in that regard.

51 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Imo, Carl was a major contributor in the lounge and seemed like a nice guy, but he didn't need to be a moderator. 

• Like 2