Another thread deleted?

avguytx

2 hours ago, avguytx said:

So in essence, they are wanting this site to only be for singing of praises of all newer, and older speakers, in full stock form, with using parts that are only recommended by Klipsch, even when Klipsch doesn't actually have the parts.Ā  Even with people who might own Epic stuff, for example, with replacements that are unobtanium, including grill emblems, woofers, HF drivers, etc.Ā  People/consumers search ALL OVER THE INTERNET for input on their older speakers....not necessarily here.Ā  If that's the direction of the forum, then there will be a lot of people on THIS forum trying to woo the people to listen to this forum versus every other location online, which outnumber this site with a huge ratio.Ā Ā 

Ā 

I get both sides of it, honestly.Ā  I'm not batting for either side here and it really won't make or break my day.Ā  I have CF-3's of which no parts are available for and there are many others out there that do, too.Ā  So where would they be directed, for example.Ā  I also have ads speakers which there is no "ads company" yet there is someone who can repair and/or rebuild them along with a wealth of knowledge about them.Ā Ā 

Ā 

I know that the majority of this stems from VOXX (Audiovox back in 2011), the parent company, as I used to be a rep for Audiovox, and other companies, that are/were owned by VOXX.Ā  Every time a company I sold at retail, or rep'd, got bought out by VOX, they changed many facets of their business structure, representation, etc.Ā  You can read about how this changed with VOXX owning Onkyo/Integra, a company I used to rep, that is gone now in the U.S. .Ā  That's what "big corp" does and I know it first hand; it's not a new thing.

Ā 

And I definitely would like to see Klipsch stay around in this crazy climate of consumer electronics.Ā  They are in my home state and I'm about 3 hours from them.Ā Ā 

Ā 

The saddest part is that Klipsch was bought by Voxx but if Klipsch was doing what they were supposed to be doing they would not have to have been looking for a suitor. Plain and simple.Ā 

Ā 

I'm sure the entire case is complex, but it can also be broken down to simple terms.Ā 

Ā 

Somebody screen shot this reply before it goes to the ether...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Curious_George said:

The saddest part is that Klipsch was bought by Voxx but if Klipsch was doing what they were supposed to be doing they would not have to have been looking for a suitor. Plain and simple.Ā 

Ā 

I'm sure the entire case is complex, but it can also be broken down to simple terms.Ā 

There is supposed to be a certain autonomy in place.

Not familiar enough with to say.

1 minute ago, Curious_George said:

Fwiw, I think that's oversimplified and the Founder's family sold the small company after he died for a profit and let a conglomerate take over the mantle. I have to imagine it's quite a competitive market especially with overseas manufacturing and competitors.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Fwiw, I think that's oversimplified and the Founder's family sold the small company after he died for a profit and let a conglomerate take over the mantle. I have to imagine it's quite a competitive market especially with overseas manufacturing and competitors.

Well maybe the real story will be told. I'd like to hear it.

6 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Yep.Ā  That was 1989 when Fred Klipsch bought it and the Voxx thing came around in 2011.

22 years was a pretty good run for Fred and Judy. Heck, the company sales went from about 20 million to 170 million, when Klipsch became one of the biggest speaker makers in the world before Voxx.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Curious_George said:

Ā 

Ā 

Somebody screen shot this reply before it goes to the ether...

That is not how it happened or the reason why. PK sold the business to his 2nd cousin Fred, under which the company saw exponential growth. Heritage was rejuvenated, they brought back the Cornwall, and all kinds of cool product. When Fred wanted to move on, he sold it to Voxx. Paul Jacobs, who had been with Klipsch for 20 years, became President and CEO. Voxx promised autonomy and by all indications, have kept their promise. I saw reference to Integra somewhere - they are now in the same building with Klipsch in Indy. The company keeps growing. More cool stuff coming.Ā 

That little corner of the forum only exists because they know we care about it. Sure ainā€™t like theyā€™re really making any money off most of us.Ā 
Ā 

They probably wake up everyday hoping they donā€™t see this ā€œupgradeā€.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

18E8D301-1CE4-44C9-902F-A43E14C5B5B1.jpeg

3 minutes ago, deang said:

Ā Voxx promised autonomy and by all indications, have kept their promise. I saw reference to Integra somewhere - they are now in the same building with Klipsch in Indy. The company keeps growing. More cool stuff coming.

If Klipsch has autonomy, it's because whoever are the top dogs at Klipsch have fought for it, which I applaude them for. Promises are not kept, they are fought for.Ā 

Just now, Curious_George said:

If Klipsch has autonomy, it's because whoever are the top dogs at Klipsch have fought for it, which I applaude them for. Promises are not kept, they are fought for.Ā 

Let me clarify, I have no ill will toward Voxx, they gave me a good living for a long time and gave me once in a life time opportunities. You just have to be passionate and fight the right fight throughout it all.Ā 

• Klipsch Employees

One more timeā€¦.modded klipsch speaker threads are not allowedā€¦..period. If you donā€™t like it, then go somewhere else. It should have NEVER been allowed.
Ā 

And if we hide threads, well now you know why. Get over it.Ā 

You can call this the ā€œGreat Purgeā€.Ā 
Ā 

This thread (and any other that come forth) is going to be locked. And of courseā€¦..rememberā€¦..I am the chief bonehead.Ā 

• Like 4