Any way to fix the horrible static when adjusting volume?

If you bought a TV and the picture went from color to black and white whenever you changed the channel, would you try and turn "knobs" to rectify the problem? NO, you would take back the TV and get it replaced with a new one. And that's what you should do with your Pre-amp.

Don't listen to these fools that think they have to fix everything with "backyard mechanic's" suggestions. Amy will get you a replacement pre-amp or you can order the new CP-1 version with all of the bells and whistles from the website.

I had a scratchy pre-amp and Amy had a new one at my door in a couple of working days after I contacted her. Granted it isn't the CP-1, but it works very well and doesn't scratch when I turn up the volume.

If your warranty is experied, the CP-1 is your only option aside from living with the scratching. In my opinion you can turn that knob till your hand turns blue and that scratching will always come back, eventually.

------------------

Movies take us to a place we would like to be and away from a place we would like to forget.

Just wait, your new preamp will start scratching in a couple of months. It doesn't bother me because it was a known problem that I read about before getting the speakers and I expected it. I'm still very happy with my v.400's. It's a price vs sound quality thing. And what's wrong with a little creative tinkering. The whole "backyard mechanics's" philosophy is my reason for building my own machine from the board up, constantly upgrading, tweeking and owning $200 computer speakers. In my opinion, if you don't truely enjoy tinkering, then you should save your money and put it into your home theater rather than a pc. Or maybe I'm just belong back in the days of the apple1 and trash80. It's hard to tell wink.gif

This may sound odd, but I had a similar problem with my pros. I thought, because it started almost overnight, that it was my sound card. I took my sound card out and placed it in a free PCI slot. Plugged everything back in, fired it up, and no more static. I'm not sure if it was the sound card, PCI slot, or just a build up in the pros but it hasn't been back and it's been over 4 months. Worth a shot.

Movie Freak, you're comparing fixable preamp speaker pot problems to a completely unrelated odd TV problem?

I bought the CP-1 not because of some minimal static from the old preamp, but because of the new features it offered.

The scratching problem solution of turning up the volume was suggested by Klipsch.

------------------

Klipsch Rules.

ProMedia Tech Support #

1-888-554-5665

promediatech@klipsch.com

I don't think your getting the point here. I am saying that the static is a known defect, and if your TV had a known defect you wouldn't keep it around and try and tinker, you would get it replaced.

That's why Amy didn't hesitate replacing it as soon as I asked.

Yes, I am sure one day the scratching will start with my replacement, but at least I used what right every consumer has, and that is to expect a certain level of quality from manufacturers.

Car mfg. has little if no tolerance for defect's, especially defects that could get someone killed. If a defect is found, it is fixed with a recall of all the defective parts.

I am not saying Klipsch should recall all of the original pre-amps, but it seems logical to expect them to replace the few hundred that have been reported on this BB with new replacements. NO, not the CP-1, just new, non-scratching pre-amps like the one i received.

Seems fair. If after 1 or 2 replacements the scratching is continuing it would be smart to purchase the CP-1 just for the extras, and if it ends up scratching... well then Klipsch has issue's. Cause I'm not about to start "knob turning" a $95.00 (CND dollars) upgraded pre-amp, it would go back instantly. Maybe even along with my Pro's. I just can't handle the thought of going through that scratching again. I don't have to settle for that kind of quality, I know Klipsch has higher standards than that.

------------------

Movies take us to a place we would like to be and away from a place we would like to forget.