Heresy 1 network mod from k22 to K28

Tom Bird

Looking to see what network adjustment needs to be done for the E network (k22 to K28, K55v & K77M. Also have another pair that had an E-2 network but had a K22(bad) and a K24. Network had inductors 4 Ma and a 2.5 Ma. Because of the bad woofer I would also like to change them to the K28, k52 & k77 round mag. Thank you for any info

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Looking to see what network adjustment needs to be done for the E network (k22 to K28, K55v & K77M. Also have another pair that had an E-2 network but had a K22(bad) and a K24. Network had inductors 4 Ma and a 2.5 Ma. Because of the bad woofer I would also like to change them to the K28, k52 & k77 round mag. Thank you for any info

I remember their is a process but forgot what it was.

On 9/25/2022 at 2:59 PM, Tom Bird said:

Looking to see what network adjustment needs to be done for the E network (k22 to K28, K55v & K77M.

Trey pinged Roy on this one for you and the answer was that you didn’t have to make any changes. 

21 hours ago, Tom Bird said:

Also have another pair that had an E-2 network but had a K22(bad) and a K24. Network had inductors 4 Ma and a 2.5 Ma. Because of the bad woofer I would also like to change them to the K28, k52 & k77 round mag.

K-52 is cheating, but I would just set them up the same as the first set. Use K-28 with Type E. 

You don’t have to halve the value of the coils. It’s 4 ohm “nominal”. What matters most is the impedance at the crossover point. 

K-52 is cheating, but I would just set them up the same as the first set. Use K-28 with Type E. 

You don’t have to halve the value of the coils. It’s 4 ohm “nominal”. What matters most is the impedance at the crossover point. 
Thanks Dean, I have the k28's with the E network on 1 pair and loved the 2-3 DB gain on the woofer. I think it makes it a better speaker. I want to do the same thing with the other pair that is the E-2. Are you telling me to change the E-2 back to an E? Sorry for my confusion but I thought the E2 was because of the k52 instead of the k55 but I truly do not know. Thanks

Sounds like I need some K28’s and to put my crossovers back to stock.

Currently the crossovers in my H1’s are set to do the opposite, dropping the mid and tweeter by 3dB to not overpower the woofer.

I think I only thought it was necessary because I have the Heresy’s up on some stands.

When they were loaded in the corner it was a bit different.

Sounds like I need some K28’s and to put my crossovers back to stock.

Currently the crossovers in my H1’s are set to do the opposite, dropping the mid and tweeter by 3dB to not overpower the woofer.
I think I only thought it was necessary because I have the Heresy’s up on some stands.
When they were loaded in the corner it was a bit different.
I felt it increased the bass output (not lower) is enough so it sounds like a better overall speaker. JMO

• Like 1