Laugh of the day

henry4841

Post your laugh of the day here. Here is mine. 

A pensioner drove his brand new BMW to 100 mph, looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a police car behind him. He floored it to 140 , then 150, ... then 155, ... Suddenly he thought,
"I'm too old for this nonsense !"
So he pulled over to the side of the road and waited for the police car to catch up with him.
The officer walked up to him, looked at his watch and said,
"Sir, my shift ends in ten minutes. Today is Friday and I'm taking off for the weekend with my family. If you can give me a good reason that I've never heard before, why you were speeding... I'll let you go."
The Man looked very seriously at the police man, and replied :-
"Years ago, my wife ran off with a policeman, I thought you were bringing her back." !!!
The Cop left saying,
" Have a good day, Sir "...
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

True story: I'm mentoring a new employee. He doesn't talk much, but he did tell me he was watching a series currently on TV about Jeffrey Dahmer and it interested him.

I don't own a TV, so after work I went to the library and picked up a book on Jeffrey Dahmer titled "The Man Who Could Not Kill Enough" by Anne E. Schwartz, the reporter who broke the story.

The next day I bring the book into work, show it to everyone and explain why I chose the book.

Then I say, "The book's kinda dry reading. But it does have some good recipes!"

I had people in tears!

I try to find something to laugh about every day.  In this sick world it is very therapeutic.  My laugh for today came from this scene from the movie Uncle Buck, my third favorite movie of all time (Animal House and Fast Times at Ridgemont High are #1 and #2).  My sense of humor has not changed since I was about 11 years old.  I guess I should be glad that one part of me has not aged with the rest…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ibO5kob3OQ

(And I just told Henry that I won’t venture out of the tubes section!)

Maynard

• Like 3