Moderator Titles

Curious_George

I propose Chiefbonehead change his name. I suspect, based on focus groups and other market related data that Klipsch's head engineer, should be addressed as a positive figure, not so named as a self-deprecating figure. No disrespect to Roy, but, I think he should take on a more respected moniker. I can appreciate the "Chiefbonehead" name as modest, but it doesn't fit well with the educated Klipsch buyer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, richieb said:

He named himself.

I believe he takes pride with that.

And there may well be a story behind the name. 
But,  good luck - 

He represents a multi-million dollar company, what he thinks is OK, may not be suitable. It’s that simple. Again, I am suggesting a change to go hand in hand with the other changes. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

They're a great band, so I don't see why he wouldn't be.

I can tell your with certainty, that he would have hated all of it because of the Distortion in the instruments.

PWK hated rock, pop, and found acoustic jazz tolerable. He only listened to his own recordings of Symphony Orchestras, calling commercial releases "dilute stereo." All his recordings were made with only 2 Omnidirectional Mikes. He played several for me at his home (1985) and sounded pretty darn great!

• Like 2

Chief bonehead was Roy’s disguise name, but unfortunately, the person behind the name was revealed by others fairly quickly. Then it became an in-joke among the few who knew, then the few became many, and now here we are.  Logic would suggest an innocuous name, if Roy wanted to regain the anonymity that he originally had with his current Forum handle.  It was not used as a representative of the Company, not at first anyway.  At least, that’s how I understand it.

At present, Roy maintains a relatively low profile on here, because his full-time job is designing and refining speakers.  He pops in here during his free time, which should be seen as very generous of him, but so far we have one member suggesting that Roy spend much more time on the Forum in order to share what he knows, and now we have another member suggesting that he change his Forum handle to something more befitting a person in his position.

If Klipsch were to assign an information officer to the Forum, maybe then the first member would get the info he’d like, and the second member could choose the officer’s handle, but I suspect that neither member would be satisfied, because they want the real thing from the real guy.

Sometimes we don’t get what we want, we get what’s provided, and should be satisfied with that.  Any long-time member or lurker has had time to see how the Forum operates, and how sometimes it doesn’t take much to mess it up.  Let’s remember that we’re all guests on Klipsch’s Forum, and act accordingly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Curious_George said:

He represents a multi-million dollar company, what he thinks is OK, may not be suitable. It’s that simple. Again, I am suggesting a change to go hand in hand with the other changes. 

What Roy chose for his own Forum handle "may not be suitable", even though he thinks it’s okay?  "It’s that simple?"  Do you heckle comedians, too?  This is not a co-op.  We don’t get a vote on these things.

Changes?  Err, what other changes?  What did you have in mind for the company?