Moderator Titles

Curious_George

16 hours ago, Curious_George said:

I propose Chiefbonehead change his name. I suspect, based on focus groups and other market related data that Klipsch's head engineer, should be addressed as a positive figure, not so named as a self-deprecating figure. No disrespect to Roy, but, I think he should take on a more respected moniker. I can appreciate the "Chiefbonehead" name as modest, but it doesn't fit well with the educated Klipsch buyer.

Read the fine print, he is not just a bonehead but the 'Chief' bonehead.   Not good enough, how about:

Mr. Chief Bonehead?

Sir Chief Bonehead?

Chief Bonehead P.E.?

The Supreme Chief Bonehead?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Islander said:

Chief bonehead was Roy’s disguise name, but unfortunately, the person behind the name was revealed by others fairly quickly. 

I don't really have a vested interest in if he changes his name or not but Trey shared a story in the deleted thread where Mr Delgado called someone on the forum "a bonehead" and they called customer service and complained. For the record, it is a derogatory comment and against the rules as stated in the TOS. {Note: Again, those need to be updated to include the new policy, imo.}

On 9/26/2022 at 5:13 PM, Curious_George said:

I propose Chiefbonehead change his name. I suspect, based on focus groups and other market related data that Klipsch's head engineer, should be addressed as a positive figure, not so named as a self-deprecating figure. No disrespect to Roy, but, I think he should take on a more respected moniker. I can appreciate the "Chiefbonehead" name as modest, but it doesn't fit well with the educated Klipsch buyer.

Have a look at that second sentence.  There don’t seem to have been any focus groups to decide what Roy calls himself, so your suspicion (what you suspect) is based on nothing.  Or are you guessing what a possible focus group assembled for this purpose would conclude?  What other “market related data” are you referring to?

Also, do you speak for “the educated Klipsch buyer”?

Your post sets new marks for misconceptions per line.

GOOD GRIEF…!!!! 🤪

Talk about sucking the life out of these forums…. Just keep it up guys.. !!!

Maybe it would help if people stepped away from their keyboard and instead turned their attention to things that really mattered in life.

If the forum isn’t fun or informative for you then maybe ask youself what are you bringing to the place…?

miketn

DE615F54-D0D4-4892-AD11-A8E54C872EED.gif.fd48af2566c7add63891e24ec75f1234.gif

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:

I don't really have a vested interest in if he changes his name or not but Trey shared a story in the deleted thread where Mr Delgado called someone on the forum "a bonehead" and they called customer service and complained.

LMAO!  And his response is that he is the Chief Bonehead, I have a new respect for the Chief!  👍

4 minutes ago, mikebse2a3 said:

GOOD GRIEF…!!!! 🤪

Maybe it would help if people stepped away from their keyboard and instead turned their attention to things that really mattered in life.

If the forum isn’t fun or informative for you then maybe ask youself what are you bringing to the place…?

miketn

DE615F54-D0D4-4892-AD11-A8E54C872EED.gif.fd48af2566c7add63891e24ec75f1234.gif

Someone give that baby a bottle...

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is too off topic, but what happened to the volunteer (non-Klipsch) moderators, like Carl and dtel?  Mallette is no longer with us, but did the other two quit, or were they told they were no longer needed?  dwilawyer is still on the Forum, I think, or is he gone, too?  Things seemed to work well when there were more hands available to keep the Forum running right.

4 minutes ago, Islander said:

I'm not sure if this is too off topic, but what happened to the volunteer (non-Klipsch) moderators, like Carl and dtel?  Mallette is no longer with us, but did the other two quit, or were they told they were no longer needed?  dwilawyer is still on the Forum, I think, or is he gone, too?

Carl quit. dtel only limited moderating, dwilawyer is "Travis in Austin," and he and "Chief Bonehead" are the only two remaining, afaik. Chad is only here to address internet problems.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Carl quit. dtel only limited moderating, dwilawyer is "Travis in Austin," and he and "Chief Bonehead" are the only two remaining, afaik. Chad is only here to address internet problems.

Thanks for that info.  Trey seems to pop in sometimes, too.  I wonder whether the positions were eliminated, or are vacant?  We do seem to need some mods.  Not that I'm volunteering, mind.

1 hour ago, mikebse2a3 said:

If the forum isn’t fun or informative for you then maybe ask youself what are you bringing to the place?

Klipsch doesn’t care about the number of posts, they care about the quality of the content. 

If there are threads about Klipsch speakers, there are at least three other places they can be moved to (if required). 

Human beings are supposed to be good at pattern seeking/pattern recognition. Some here, not so much.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
On 9/26/2022 at 7:29 PM, Curious_George said:

He represents a multi-million dollar company, what he thinks is OK, may not be suitable. It’s that simple. Again, I am suggesting a change to go hand in hand with the other changes. 

I'm on the Board of the Klipsch Museum with him, as is the President of Klipsch, and the Chairman of Voxx (Honorary Trustee), and I always refer to Roy as "Chief Bonehead" during Board Meetings. The Klipsch marketing machine designed things for the 1st Chief Bonehead Education class and came up with the name, Chief Bonehead's Deep Dive.  When Roy does Klipsch Listening Lounge's, the name he types in is Chief Bonehead. Klipsch wouldn't let him change it even if he wanted to. 

• Like 5