Sell price for 1983 CBR Cornwalls?

OddMushroom

Looking to sell a pair of 1983 CBR Cornwall speakers, SN 34y418, but I'm not sure how much to sell them for. 

They're in very good condition, still sound great, but I have a very small place and they scare the sh*t out of my cats, lol.

My uncle bought them off Craigslist cheap because they weren't working but all he had to do was replace the tweeters to get them back to working order. The tweeters he replaced them with were the correct ones for these speakers, from Klipsch. 

I received them as a wedding gift a few years back and had them set up for a few months but they just don't work in my place so I'm trying to sell them and probably use the money to buy a couple Heresy speakers. 

Can anyone give me a general idea of what they'd be worth? I saw another listing for similar speakers that had large water-ring stains on top and folks there had said $500-700 but I wasn't sure how much the water stains brought down everyone's estimates. That was also from 2014 so I'm not sure if pricing has changed since then. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OddMushroom said:

Looking to sell a pair of 1983 CBR Cornwall speakers, SN 34y418, but I'm not sure how much to sell them for. 

They're in very good condition, still sound great, but I have a very small place and they scare the sh*t out of my cats, lol.

My uncle bought them off Craigslist cheap because they weren't working but all he had to do was replace the tweeters to get them back to working order. The tweeters he replaced them with were the correct ones for these speakers, from Klipsch. 

I received them as a wedding gift a few years back and had them set up for a few months but they just don't work in my place so I'm trying to sell them and probably use the money to buy a couple Heresy speakers. 

Can anyone give me a general idea of what they'd be worth? I saw another listing for similar speakers that had large water-ring stains on top and folks there had said $500-700 but I wasn't sure how much the water stains brought down everyone's estimates. That was also from 2014 so I'm not sure if pricing has changed since then. 

really depends on condition and location.  posting some pics would be helpful if you want the most informed opinion!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2022 at 9:56 PM, OddMushroom said:

Can't really take pics since they're in a corner of my closet. They're in the original unfinished condition, no one ever stained them or anything. And they have no marks like water rings or scratches. As for location, I'm in the SF Bay Area in CA. 

if you can't provide pics, there's no way for anyone here to be of significant help.  what are they worth . . . maybe between $1000-$2000 depending on condition and your market.