Type AA's...

svberger

AK series of networks have fuses.  AL series have either zeners or polyswitches. Each has drawbacks. I think most listen too loud. I still think the best tweeter protection is your volume control and being able to recognize when a driver is in distress. 

• Like 3

On 10/8/2022 at 4:33 PM, JohnA said:

K-77-Ms don't need the diaphragms replaced.  They came with the ribbon lead diaphragm that carries the higher rating. 

a  higher quality Diaphragm  with BE leads was   found in  some late 70's  Alnico K -77  , BE leads  were also found In some  Ferrite EV T-35  ,  but that was not across the board  as  acute Berylliosis Regulations in the workplace   forced EV to stop using BE leads  ,  

11 minutes ago, OO1 said:

a  higher quality Diaphragm  with BE leads was   found in  some late 70's  Alnico K -77  , BE leads  were also found In some  Ferrite EV T-35  ,  but that was not across the board  as  acute Berylliosis Regulations in the workplace   forced EV to stop using BE leads  ,  

That is very interesting, Randy. Do you know the exact years of production or some recognition sign without opening the tweeter? Maybe a number or text on the tweeter? Mine are from 1977.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, OO1 said:

You mean Copper/BE alloy (flat wire) leads right?

5 hours ago, deang said:

AK series of networks have fuses.  AL series have either zeners or polyswitches. Each has drawbacks. I think most listen too loud. I still think the best tweeter protection is your volume control and being able to recognize when a driver is in distress. 

I had a bad pot on a Peach, Mark replaced the pot but the fuse lit up the room.  Glad I had them. 

@KT88Heinz  ,    1977-78 through 1985 is my best guess   , 

I have some of the latest manufactured  ,  EV T-35 units ( NOS )  6,2 Ohms DCR ,   and they dont have Copper /BE leads .  but I have much earlier EV tweeters and they all  have it .

the EV diaphragms   without BE leads were also good  quality  ,   klipsch  filtered EV's  diaphragms  through quality control   , 

EV T-35      8  Ohms      3.5Hz /20KHz                   Alnico V

EV T-35A    8 Ohms      3.5Hz /15KHz  - 16KHz     Ferrite

EV T-350    8  Ohms     3.5Hz  /23KHz                    Alnico V

Edited by OO1
  • Like 1