🏆HOLY GRAIL - The Golden Jubilee $125,000.00 Tryon, North Carolina

jjptkd

These finally made it to eBay, wonder what they'll actually sell for? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304655625433?hash=item46eee3ecd9:g:SU4AAOSwXppjLIkR&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoLXHTDp2S6kUZXAbDSBWNS5ZGhP8jIFmdEYDDgLFmGHVkNZVLJTOpg3FARJQFbKeib%2FXYflfaL12%2F9pu%2FmFBOAqRGNfoDuZmJXCR%2BlQWmWQK1vAEjwXYvMnrtQghYNZhFSpXT6B3VYnhGW9v1Wr7KBeQKwAv%2BY0Vw4smwN5CyDxJev4j1v28lscA4YFKm0ONsPdUPigc7qZkTeA2vDdI9JQ%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR4jl_NL3YA

Up for sale is the once in a lifetime opportunity to own a pair of Klipsch Golden Jubilees!

These were the last thing Paul W. Klipsch personally worked on before he died. There are only two pairs that exist. Paul’s wife Valerie donated one pair to the Paul W. Klipsch Museum in New Mexico, and gifted the other pair to the co-author of Paul’s biography, and that is this pair. This pair was then sold to W.C. Fischer who owned a Klipsch showroom and repair shop in South Carolina, and I bought them from his estate.

GJubilee.jpg

• Like 3

I was hoping that when these went up for sale that it would be at a realistic price.  I had a thought that we might organize a group purchase and donate them to the Klipsch Museum of Audio History.  That's where I feel they belong.  It's certainly out of the question at this price.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MMurg said:

I was hoping that when these went up for sale that it would be at a realistic price.  I had a thought that we might organize a group purchase and donate them to the Klipsch Museum of Audio History.  That's where I feel they belong.  It's certainly out if the question at this price.

I AGREE TOTALLY.

I almost drove down to SC to bid on these myself, but decided to pass. I talked with the Auctioneer of W.C. Fisher's estate. The kid who bought these paid about $6,000, including, I think some McIntosh amplifiers in the auction. Obviously he did not buy them for their SOUND quality!! LOL.

I spent time with W.C. 10 years ago when he was still in North Carolina and had these bins open to see what was inside. I actually heard these speakers and they sounded just fine on my test CD's. I also curved them.

The Martinelli Horns on top are not longer made either and had nothing to do with Paul Klipsch, Valerie Klipsch, or the company, since they are a 3rd party horn and Spanish drivers.

I would say that if someone were to buy these at this price, they are the rarest of the "Underground Jubes"  or "Museum Jubes" but don't sound as good as the ones you could buy from Klipsch Theater dealers with a K-402 on top at only 25% of the price. Anyone who can afford these should probably buy the Brand New Jubilee 75's instead with far superior sound with a $90,000 savings.

We shall see..................

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Considering that dozens and dozens of investors have paid many times that price to own JPGs of Apes, it looks like a seriously solid opportunity for someone with spare cash. There are plenty of people looking for inflation proof investments today. This is a decimal point out of my range, but heck, it's chump change for millions of others. Spectacular rare artifact!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OO1 said:

klipsch  Staff can make  an Official pair of  Golden Jubilee  , no worries Guys .

Not really, not anymore. I thought Underground’s were shelved. 

For  that kind of money, you can by two new Jubilees and a pair of AK-6 Klipschorns. 

• Like 1

The price is silly!

Such a sale requires at least two things. First, Someone who is collector and views this as something "important" and worthy of collecting. Second, this person would need to have deep pockets. With those two criteria, the potential number of buyers is very, very limited. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
8 hours ago, jjptkd said:

These were the last thing Paul W. Klipsch personally worked on before he died. There are only two pairs that exist.

Is he suggesting that PWK personally worked on those speakers? Or is he suggesting that he worked on the "project." Or is he intentionally being vague?

@ClaudeJ1 JC got them without MF/HF horns (403) is that correct and got Martinelli? Is that correct?

15 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

Is he suggesting that PWK personally worked on those speakers? Or is he suggesting that he worked on the "project." Or is he intentionally being vague?

@ClaudeJ1 JC got them without MF/HF horns (403) is that correct and got Martinelli? Is that correct?

W.C. was a Klipsch Pro dealer who had built up a huge stock of used Klipsch Pro and Heritage speakers. When I pulled up to his place in Charlotte, he had a trailer full of MWM bins when out front when I arrived. THE Golden Jubilee BASS Bins from Klementovich, generously gifted to him by Valerie Klipsch for writing PWK's biography, traded to W.C. for a motorcycle (or cash to buy one) AFAICR. He said he had a new building under construction that would have lots of demonstration space, but he never told me it was in South Carolina.

But since the speakers were commissioned by Mrs. Klipsch and built by someone that had worked in the Hope factory, from Paul's Personal Drawings, I guess that the new seller's advertising ploy is mostly true, while, perhaps being vague via incomplete information worse than mine. Incidentally, that guy also has 2 pairs of Khorns for sale at a shade less than $6,000, so Who knows? Obviously his motivation is to capitalize, big time, on the verifiable part of his Extreme RARITY of the set, which is what I call the Goldens' "$120,000" Name Plates!

I heard them with both the Martinelli Horns as well as the Oval Tractrix Horns that looked like the Michelin Man from the rear. The crossovers were built by someone else and not W.C..............................................so YES, I think all he had that was "PURE" Klipsch were the Golden Bass Bins only.

can't imagine Valerie Klipsch would have given Klementovich just the bass bins, without a top end as a complete, listenable Stereo setup. In addition, she must have had someone built a crossover and top horn combo (same as the single Jube in her living room). It's possible the top end was sold off separately by either Michael Klementovich or W.C. who did say the Martinellis were his favorite top end. The rest of the story is mostly relegated to my memory's trash bin, since all this was just 2 days of my life, 10 years ago!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, deang said:

Not really, not anymore. I thought Underground’s were shelved. 

For  that kind of money, you can by two new Jubilees and a pair of AK-6 Klipschorns. 

And still have money leftover for an entire music and movie collection!

• Like 1

That isn't exactly what happened 8-) 

Klementovich was gifted the Golden Jubilee's by Valerie. They had K403's. There were two pairs made she had the other pair. Klementovich didn't like the "plastic" K403's so he replaced with martinellis. He also didn't like the crossover so he moved it to 750hz which was an odd thing to do. Klementovich sent the K403's to Maron Horonzack. I had happened to contact Maron to talk horns when I had mentioned how much I would love a pair of K403's. Maron said "How bad do you want them?" I was joking and said something like $500 and he said $550 and I'll ship them to you..... Next thing I know I have a pair of unobtanium K403's and I have been listening to them ever since. They are amazing as they are the combinitation of wills and compromises of PWK and Roy. It has Roy's flair and PWK's collapsing verticals. They are my favorite audio item.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, seti said:

That isn't exactly what happened 8-) 

Klementovich was gifted the Golden Jubilee's by Valerie. They had K403's. There were two pairs made she had the other pair. Klementovich didn't like the "plastic" K403's so he replaced with martinellis. He also didn't like the crossover so he moved it to 750hz which was an odd thing to do. Klementovich sent the K403's to Maron Horonzack. I had happened to contact Maron to talk horns when I had mentioned how much I would love a pair of K403's. Maron said "How bad do you want them?" I was joking and said something like $500 and he said $550 and I'll ship them to you..... Next thing I know I have a pair of unobtanium K403's and I have been listening to them ever since. They are amazing as they are the combinitation of wills and compromises of PWK and Roy. It has Roy's flair and PWK's collapsing verticals. They are my favorite audio item.

Thanks for the positive contribution to my otherwise incomplete data set. Much appreciated!

• Like 1