What the heck is this speaker system?

JL Sargent

On 10/14/2022 at 7:35 PM, OO1 said:

must be the owner is  deaf as a bat , cause he's sitting 2 feet away  from monster size horns ,

You know better than that...

That system probably works well with 2 watts.

• Like 1

I've seen that picture before, but I don't remember the brand of the compression drivers (it was a name with only 4 or 5 letters), just that they were very expensive and may have been made in Japan.  Based on the length of the bass horns, I'm thinking that they (the bass horn/driver sets) might have been able to go all the way down to 20 or 30 Hz.

That's some timeless humour right there.  Of course, we don't wear suits to listen to music anymore, not in most cases anyway.  Could you imagine asking your wife, "I'm going to listen to some blues.  What colour tie goes with blues?"

Excellent wife responds, "Delta or Chicago blues, honey?"

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Islander said:

I've seen that picture before, but I don't remember the brand of the compression drivers (it was a name with only 4 or 5 letters), just that they were very expensive and may have been made in Japan.  Based on the length of the bass horns, I'm thinking that they (the bass horn/driver sets) might have been able to go all the way down to 20 or 30 Hz.

"Goto"??

• Thanks 1