Center to match L/R RC-7's

Emile

22 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

The RB-15's are 70hz & up should be a close timbre match same era as the 75's

CraigsList seller has a pair of walnut RP-500M's ... 48Hz cutoff which is substantially better than the RB-15's ... yes; rear ported, but I can always "stuff" them. Appreciate your input on those :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Emile said:

Thanks for the tip ... was wondering about that :) 

I've ran dual centers a few different times; dual KG 2.2's, think I called them the "poor man's 64" at the time and dual KV-4's. I've never experienced any issues- every time the second speaker seemed to add in additional sound in a positive way. Increased output and higher sensitivity to help smaller speakers keep up with much larger mains.

I have no doubt the newer RP line are better than the older RB's like the 15's I'd just be aware that the newer RP's might sound quite a bit different then the older RC / RB's. For TV or movies it may not matter that much I don't know I've mismatched plenty of times over the years and never seemed to mind that much. As always get a good deal and if they don't work out flip 'em and try something else. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Emile said:

Thanks for the tip ... was wondering about that :) 

If you want to build a custom cabinet these RC-3 parts just showed up on eBay. Its a sealed box so should be an easy build just keep internal volume roughly the same:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334598548900?hash=item4de7a0ada4:g:pzsAAOSwbYRjUCli&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoGtkrx65y1bUD%2FkmyS4PBUQ3%2FVvJHvC%2B%2BtkS2HlD981cgEGtu1MdamDhK%2F06jAjfURx5SUStm7btDBoVsd0eaSMZihZu8afBYEaFqAQ1TF4h1MGs%2FLw9hmHiM9fagYMBXPPz3J87aRQI35nU%2BE4zt%2BznoKsT%2FfUc%2BGvzOMsN%2BmA91knR0o%2BiJ%2FXzSP%2FXrj4gq17iajat1H5M85aiGpE%2FBIE%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR8L4pZ7-YA

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Emile said:

Cool - yes; maybe the best solution just to build one. Not sure the woofer/tweeter sizes will let me cut-off an inch. Maybe @TasDom could measure these? Thanks a lot TasDom :) 

Woofers are 6 1/4" x 6 1/4"

Tweeter Horn 6 3/4" x 6 3/4"

10 Ways To Use Vaseline (Product tips, how to and review 2016) ✖ James  Welsh - YouTube

🙄

• Haha 2

Thought about mounting these RC-3 tweeters/woofers on the "outside of the box ... but would never be able to make an adequate frame for grille cloth - haha; wife does NOT like "open" speakers. So; next suggestion? :)  

16 hours ago, billybob said:

Take a planer to the top and slice off abit and on the bottom... You heard it here

And be left with a box that has a 1/4" top and a 1/4" bottom ... You heard it here :) 

Considering the RP-404C II. But afraid it may not have enough SPL to keep up with the RC-7's. (Know it will NOT keep up with my KPT-904's.) Afterall, 4 x 4" woofers have only HALF the area of 2 x 8" woofers :( 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, billybob said:

Dang, how loud can one listen to dialogue anyway...

Haha; would like to hear "dialogue" when I crank up my KPT-904's :) 

The RCX-4 ONLY has 2 miniscule 4" woofers; even less than the "404."

• Like 1

OK; trying a RP-500C ... at least it has 5 1/4" woofers, fits in the space and it seems to have the highest SPL for this size (96dB's vs 93dB from the bookshelf speakers - think that means about 25% more output). Haha; we'll see. :)