KLIPSCH PALLADIUM SPEAKERS - $8,500; Saint Louis Craigslist

Edgar

5 hours ago, syndicationucsc said:

Probably still a bit too high. I'd be in the market but I have P-39F's now and trying to get rid of P-37F's. If I had the room, maybe it'd be a different story, but not much point in keeping speakers from the same line up unless you have the space.

I use P37's as surrounds.  I could not bring myself to get rid of them.  If you are selling the P37s most don't realize that they are as big as RF7s, they may be the smallest of the Palladium floor standers, but are full size speakers in every respect and worth every penny.  The P38s are very big and I assume the 39s are huge. 

12 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I use P37's as surrounds.  I could not bring myself to get rid of them.  If you are selling the P37s most don't realize that they are as big as RF7s, they may be the smallest of the Palladium floor standers, but are full size speakers in every respect and worth every penny.  The P38s are very big and I assume the 39s are huge. 

While I like the P37's, I am using the P-39F's in a 2/2.1 channel environment. I have Klipsch RF-7 III's and a RC-64 III for HT use. No way to find a center for Palladium's anymore.

The Palladium P-39F's are much larger. I put casters underneath the speakers because of the weird decision to put terminals underneath the speaker. Spikes and discs were not going to work since I plan on rolling the speakers around to listen to Cornwall's or La Scala's.

At worst, the P-37's will just sit in storage until I have a place to put them.

IMG_4406.jpg

10 minutes ago, syndicationucsc said:

While I like the P37's, I am using the P-39F's in a 2/2.1 channel environment. I have Klipsch RF-7 III's and a RC-64 III for HT use. No way to find a center for Palladium's anymore.

The Palladium P-39F's are much larger. I put casters underneath the speakers because of the weird decision to put terminals underneath the speaker. Spikes and discs were not going to work since I plan on rolling the speakers around to listen to Cornwall's or La Scala's.

At worst, the P-37's will just sit in storage until I have a place to put them.

IMG_4406.jpg

Those things are huge!  They dwarf the P37's which are full size floor standers.  My 38's look big is a very big room.  Nice. 

2 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Those things are huge!  They dwarf the P37's which are full size floor standers.  My 38's look big is a very big room.  Nice. 

Yeah, the P37's are much easier to move by comparison given the terminals are on the back. Hard to move the 39's because I'd have to check the speaker terminals everytime I move them without the wheels to make sure the wires wouldn't disconnect.

With that said, I wish they continued making the palladium line along side the heritage. The sound is different in a good way (more neutral) but the aesthetics and materials (aside from the foil logo) blow the current gen heritage right out of the water.

3 minutes ago, syndicationucsc said:

The sound is different in a good way (more neutral) but the aesthetics and materials (aside from the foil logo) blow the current gen heritage right out of the water.

LOL... wat?

Not saying the sound is better, but the materials used for the palladium, the thicker veneer, the attention to detail is much better than the current gen heritage. The veneer on the Cornwall IV's (both ash black and Cherry) as well as my La Scala AL5's peel off very easily.

You could use a fingernail to peel off the veneer on any modern heritage speaker, whatever they changed, the exterior is a lot more fragile. You cannot use your fingernail to peel off or mar the veneer on the palladium. This also applies to the older reference line (RB-75's) where is there is some clear coat/lacquer that prevents you from making impressions on the veneer easily.

Edited by syndicationucsc

1 hour ago, syndicationucsc said:

Yeah, the P37's are much easier to move by comparison given the terminals are on the back. Hard to move the 39's because I'd have to check the speaker terminals everytime I move them without the wheels to make sure the wires wouldn't disconnect.

With that said, I wish they continued making the palladium line along side the heritage. The sound is different in a good way (more neutral) but the aesthetics and materials (aside from the foil logo) blow the current gen heritage right out of the water.

I agree, my move to Palladiums, other than being a big Klipsch fan, was from B&W 800 series.  I had the N801s and Tigereye 800 Signatures.  Loved them but they required 700 wpc monos to drive them.  The Palladiums were a lateral move, but much more forgiving on amps and still really nice to look at. 

I still have B&W Tigereye Signature 805s, another pair of N805's for an office system and a pair N804s for good measure.  I like the B&W 803s and down because they have the same sound but are easy to drive like the Palladiums, but not as dynamic.

The Palladiums would have make it if they were called something else.  Like Toyota forming Lexus.  Audiophiles will accept a speaker made in someone's garage as 'Audiophile grade' but not a true high end speaker make by a major manufacturer with an enormous R&D department and extremely talented engineers because they also make affordable speakers.