Cornwall, I guess it wasn't meant to be

amheck

Saw these on FB, they sat for a few days so I offered a grand.  Seller said ok and that he was leaving for a trip in 3 hours and would be back in a week.  It would have been tough to get over to him in time but in hindsight I should have just done it that day.

Msg'd the seller on the day he got back.  Saw the speakers were now marked as SOLD.   He said the person who bought his Heresy pair is buying these for the $1200.  While I kinda figured we had a deal, I guess I understand.  Oh well.  At least he was honest about it.

cornwall.JPG

• Like 1

If I was the seller I would have contacted you and said you had another offer at full price and given you the opportunity.

I had a similar experience a long time ago trying to buy a pair of RF-25s.  Made a deal with the seller but couldn’t get there for a few days.  The morning I was supposed to pick them up I messaged the seller and asked for their address and they messaged me back and said they had already sold them.

• Sad 1

@amheck Classical story  ,    you have a crazy deal , you wait , and they are gone to someone else who paid a tad more  ,  1000$  for a mint pair of Cornwalls is peanuts  , and BTW Florida klipsch prices are the lowest in the USA ,not sure why ?    but no worries , there 's a lot of fish in the Sea in Florida , wit tons of deals all year round 

Yes, prices are good here.  I was Def a buyer at 1000.  At 1200, I probably wasn't even though these were walnut and did look mint. 

I really have my heart set on La Scalas but was curious about the CW and figured these could have been moved to the rear later, but honestly the Forte or something like that would be a better fit anyway. 

Half of the fun to me is getting a deal.  Paying full asking price takes some of the excitement out of it for sure.  So I'm OK with this.  I did think about them all week and would have been more upset if he sold them out from under at a 1000, but at his full price, not sure I would have jumped on them anyway. 

• Like 1

I was just about to post to see if anyone was traveling from your area down to Tampa or FL even.

Those will def not fit in a Wrangler so I'm thinking there'd have to be some sort of rental car involved, too.  I'll give it some thought for sure!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tragusa3 said:

Just moved Khorns in a Wrangler...one at a time!

I think that's maybe possible.  I have a PHEV, battery is under the rear seats so they barely even fold, don't get close to flat so you lose a lot of space.