OFF: Walnut La Scala IIs

michaelwjones

Wow those are gorgeous!!

You are smart to do this before the move. We downsized to a ranch a recently and I just didn't want to let go of my La Scala's so we moved them up to the new house. I'm going to sell them now because in my new smaller listening room they just didn't have the magic they had in the larger room at the old house. I swapped them out for a pair of 1975 Heresy's and the smaller speaker works in conjunction with the room so much better. The imaging came back and I can get that allusive phantom auditory scene back again. I'm actually findng I'm not turning my subwoofer on at all anymore unless I'm really in the mood to shake the house which doesn't happen as frequently as it did in my younger days.

I'm still working on room treatment, aiming for time delays of around 450mS so the room is neither "dead" nor overly "live". It's good enough for now as my toes tap and my mouth does this weird smile thing.

GLWS!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, wstrickland1 said:

@michaelwjones by chance do you have the outer dimensions of the 2 boxes handy? If not no problem, but BUMP either way.

2 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

If he doesn't, I can get that for you in a couple of hours when I get home.

If Shakey can get them for you, I owe him. Mine are in a friend's basement and it would be tomorrow before I could get them. Thanks.

When I picked up my MWMs, I only had to drive about 12 miiles each way. A five minute drive from my house was a knife and sword store which also rented uhauls. Be let me have a 15 foot truck for the price of the next smaller one as he new folks at the college where I was going to pick up. That was good, as the fifteen footer had a ramp.

Folks at the school helped load them and I was able to unload by myself.

On 10/29/2022 at 8:41 AM, OO1 said:

The Veneer looks like the 70Th Anniversary  speakers ...

The original owner was told these were B stock 70th Ann. LSIIs. I'd believe it as they pretty well match my 70th Ann. Heresys and look nothing like a "regular" walnut Klipsch speaker.  But since the LSII boxes state "walnut" I erred on the side of caution.

Heresy.jpg

9 minutes ago, michaelwjones said:

The original owner was told these were B stock 70th Ann. LSIIs. I'd believe it as they pretty well match my 70th Ann. Heresys and look nothing like a "regular" walnut Klipsch speaker.  But since the LSII boxes state "walnut" I erred on the side of caution.

Heresy.jpg

That only means someone is getting a very good deal......

• michaelwjones changed the title to OFF: Walnut La Scala IIs