Jubilee review by Steve Guttenburg, Audiophiliac.

Speed

19 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Wow, three negative comments on his review right away.  You guys are impossible to please.  He was gushing over these for the entire video and had nothing negative to say.  What else did you expect him to do?

Being as I am trying to currently treat the room where my UG Jubes are located, I just meant that room looks reverberant.

4 minutes ago, babadono said:

Being as I am trying to currently treat the room where my UG Jubes are located, I just meant that room looks reverberant.

Oh don't try to backtrack.  Can't win. 😉

You say:  'Honey, you look really nice tonight'

Her response:  'What do you mean, I look fat the rest of the time..."

• Haha 2

I think a reviewer like Steve has to weigh things up a bit. He is not as offensive as, for example, Amir from ASR. So Steve, for all the subjective elegance of his words, has to rely on the hi-fi industry to provide him with products for reviews. Amir has to borrow products from consumers for his reviews (I don't always agree with him because he sometimes has such a narrow view, but he's a feisty guy and livens up the scene). Tests on $3K power cables are just hilarious and they're probably true for the most part). Now Steve has had the CW4 for three whole years. Does he suddenly not like it any more? We don't know, but a reviewer who is constantly testing and publicly describing new products can't spend 10 years just promoting the same speaker (publicly) by always visibly conforming to his personal preference.
Back to the Heritage Jubilee. I found his description very gushy but to be honest I also found it lacking in nuance. I don't think the critics here in the forum liked that. He is allowed to say what he particularly likes about a product and what not so much. As it was, it was very positive on the one hand, but he didn't share his concrete listening impressions with us as much as he sometimes does. What did I take away? That a Led Zeppelin recording sounds better than usual, that you can hear real church reverb well. He could also have talked about the power of the sound, about the fine differentiations that are there at the same time, about the wide spectrum of music that you can hear well, or about the deep clean bass. BTW I only know my UJ but therefore I can imagine what Steve could have said more about the HJ. I think Steve was very impressed. He needs to let the experience sink in. And then maybe we'll get a second review.
One last thing, in the youtube comments someone asked directly what Steve liked better, Klipsch Jubilee, KEF Meta reference or open baffle by patial audio. Steve very rarely answers in the comments, but here his answer was immediate: Jubilee.

49 minutes ago, KT88 said:

I think a reviewer like Steve has to weigh things up a bit. He is not as offensive as, for example, Amir from ASR. So Steve, for all the subjective elegance of his words, has to rely on the hi-fi industry to provide him with products for reviews. Amir has to borrow products from consumers for his reviews (I don't always agree with him because he sometimes has such a narrow view, but he's a feisty guy and livens up the scene). Tests on $3K power cables are just hilarious and they're probably true for the most part). Now Steve has had the CW4 for three whole years. Does he suddenly not like it any more? We don't know, but a reviewer who is constantly testing and publicly describing new products can't spend 10 years just promoting the same speaker (publicly) by always visibly conforming to his personal preference.
Back to the Heritage Jubilee. I found his description very gushy but to be honest I also found it lacking in nuance. I don't think the critics here in the forum liked that. He is allowed to say what he particularly likes about a product and what not so much. As it was, it was very positive on the one hand, but he didn't share his concrete listening impressions with us as much as he sometimes does. What did I take away? That a Led Zeppelin recording sounds better than usual, that you can hear real church reverb well. He could also have talked about the power of the sound, about the fine differentiations that are there at the same time, about the wide spectrum of music that you can hear well, or about the deep clean bass. BTW I only know my UJ but therefore I can imagine what Steve could have said more about the HJ. I think Steve was very impressed. He needs to let the experience sink in. And then maybe we'll get a second review.
One last thing, in the youtube comments someone asked directly what Steve liked better, Klipsch Jubilee, KEF Meta reference or open baffle by patial audio. Steve very rarely answers in the comments, but here his answer was immediate: Jubilee.

I have seen his very favorable reviews for the Cornwall which he owns, Forte, Jubilee and a new small bookshelf which he loved, I think a RP600 or something like that.  I don't really follow reviews but he must have reviewed others like the K Horn and Heresy.  He is a big fan.

Greetings to all.
I have a few questions regarding the specifications of these wonderful speaker systems.
Frequency range from 18Hz to 20kHz at what level?
How does a 5" compression driver reproduce 20kHz, pushing a fairly large volume of air in such a horn?
The horn, according to theory, is 3.5 octaves wider in the range of reproducible frequencies. And here we have almost 6 octaves, from 340 to 20,000Hz.
My knowledge is minimal, especially with Klipsch engineers and I can articulate negatively. + English through Google Translate, but I would like to hear the answers to my strange questions.

13 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Oh don't try to backtrack.  Can't win. 😉

You say:  'Honey, you look really nice tonight'

Her response:  'What do you mean, I look fat the rest of the time..."

Once told a woman at work one morning that she was looking nice today. Got almost the same back, "what I do not look good all the time." Learned quickly to not talk to females at work any more than necessary. 

• Haha 1

I learned decades ago that big horn speakers are impressive on the showroom floor. To adequately review any speaker would take more time than one day in a showroom listening at a dealer though. Not to diminish what I am sure is a very impressive sounding speaker but just being honest. One thing for sure, impressive looking speakers. Just seeing them in person would be an experience to remember for any audiophile. Like most cannot afford them or have a room big enough to listen to them in but still I am impressed with what Klipsch has done with a new Heritage speaker. Among the elite speaker companies Klipsch has set a high bar to meet with the introduction of the Jubilee speaker. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, quadrokot said:

Greetings to all.
I have a few questions regarding the specifications of these wonderful speaker systems.
How does a 5" compression driver reproduce 20kHz, pushing a fairly large volume of air in such a horn?
The horn, according to theory, is 3.5 octaves wider in the range of reproducible frequencies. And here we have almost 6 octaves, from 340 to 20,000Hz.
My knowledge is minimal, especially with Klipsch engineers and I can articulate negatively. + English through Google Translate, but I would like to hear the answers to my strange questions.

The lead engineer at Klipsch worked on this very diligently. This product was a long time in development. And yes the Celestion mid/hi frequency driver is nothing short of amazing. I think they call it Axi Periodic. I'm sure there is a lot of processing going on in the DSP box that must be used with these as well.

Wish I had an extra $35k laying around:)

9 hours ago, quadrokot said:

Greetings to all.

- Frequency range from 18Hz to 20kHz at what level?

From the spec sheet found at the bottom of the product page (https://www.klipsch.com/products/jubilee-floorstanding-speaker)

SPECIFICATIONS
FREQUENCY RESPONSE (+/- 3 dB) 18Hz – 20kHz
SENSITIVITY1 HF normalized to LF - 105dB/1m
POWER HANDLING (CONT/PEAK) LF - 300W / 1200W
HF - 100W / 400W
MAXIMUM SPL 125 dB/1m (Using DSP)
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE LF - 8 ohms, minimum 3.8 ohms 
HF - 16 ohms, miminum 8 ohms
CROSSOVER FREQUENCY 340 Hz
HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVER K-693 5” Titanium Diaphragm 
Compression Driver
LOW FREQUENCY DRIVER K-281 12” Fiber-Composite cone woofer
ENCLOSURE MATERIAL MDF/Plywood
INPUTS 5 way binding post
HEIGHT 69” (175.26 cm)
WIDTH 50” (127 cm)
DEPTH 30” (76.2 cm)
FINISH Black Ash, American Walnut

- How does a 5" compression driver reproduce 20kHz, pushing a fairly large volume of air in such a horn?

The Celestion Axi2050 is not your usual compression driver.  The diaphragm is not a simple dome.  It's a low mass, flat, annular, embossed ring clamped at the inner and outer edge and driven by a voice coil in the middle of the ring.  (https://celestion.com/product/axi2050/)

- The horn, according to theory, is 3.5 octaves wider in the range of reproducible frequencies. And here we have almost 6 octaves, from 340 to 20,000Hz.

The K-402 horn can control very low, down to about 200 Hz.  That, combined with a wide dispersion phase plug (aka throat lens) gives it very wide bandwidth performance.

• Like 1