Jubilee review by Steve Guttenburg, Audiophiliac.

Speed

10 hours ago, quadrokot said:

Greetings to all.
I have a few questions regarding the specifications of these wonderful speaker systems.
Frequency range from 18Hz to 20kHz at what level?
How does a 5" compression driver reproduce 20kHz, pushing a fairly large volume of air in such a horn?
The horn, according to theory, is 3.5 octaves wider in the range of reproducible frequencies. And here we have almost 6 octaves, from 340 to 20,000Hz.
My knowledge is minimal, especially with Klipsch engineers and I can articulate negatively. + English through Google Translate, but I would like to hear the answers to my strange questions.

To add to the official story told by the spec sheet, I have measured the Jubilee in my listening room with my UMIK-1 and REW.  Measured at 1m on-axis of the K-402 horn (both horizontally and vertically), the response measures to spec down to where the room response starts to take over.  Once I got the K-402 on-axis in both direction at the main listening position (using speaker positioning and tilting the horn down due to the short distance in my small room) and corrected for the huge bass room gain from my small room with a two PEQs in my Emotiva processor, the speakers measure very well at the listening position as well.  The response goes out to 20 kHz to spec and the -3 dB point for the bass is about 16 Hz.  I even get useable response (-10 dB) down to about 10 - 12 Hz (depending on which channel is measured since the room isn't quite symmetrical).  These speakers have not been over hyped.  They are the real deal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Klipsch Employees
On 10/27/2022 at 12:22 PM, MMurg said:

To add to the official story told by the spec sheet, I have measured the Jubilee in my listening room with my UMIK-1 and REW.  Measured at 1m on-axis of the K-402 horn (both horizontally and vertically), the response measures to spec down to where the room response starts to take over.  Once I got the K-402 on-axis in both direction at the main listening position (using speaker positioning and tilting the horn down due to the short distance in my small room) and corrected for the huge bass room gain from my small room with a two PEQs in my Emotiva processor, the speakers measure very well at the listening position as well.  The response goes out to 20 kHz to spec and the -3 dB point for the bass is about 16 Hz.  I even get useable response (-10 dB) down to about 10 - 12 Hz (depending on which channel is measured since the room isn't quite symmetrical).  These speakers have not been over hyped.  They are the real deal.

That’s cool that you did this Michael. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

That’s cool that you did this Michael. 

Thanks Roy.  I'm working on a more detailed post called "Heritage Jubilee in a Small Room – Three Months in" where I describe some insights from my experience with the Jubilee so far, how and why I made the measurements, and what I've learned from it.  I hope it helps others who might be considering a purchase (or even those who already have). I hope to have it done soon.  It may be a little long winded, but the engineer in me can't help but include all the details.  🤓

• Like 5

• 4 months later...

I think he was intimidate by the size and that is why he has that gushing review like a girl next to the Rock or something.  He kept putting his hands to his lips and probably like he just got kissed by Raquel Welch or something.

That said, the other thing I got was that I might consider the Klipsch Chorus as my next speaker.  He clearly is intimidated by the size and overwhelmed like he was on a first date with someone out of his league.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...