Heresey H-WR-12 speakers

Zorro0921

I just inhiereted a pair of H-WR-12  Heresey speakers and they appear to be in near mint condition.  Can anyone tell me anything about these and how much they are worth?  I still have the boxes they came in too!  One owner, my stepdad. Serial numbers 8L246 + 8L247.

562299193_Screenshot2022-10-27154750.thumb.jpg.6dff75f97d99ba03c9496fcec03e81d6.jpg

Screenshot 2022-10-27 155027.jpg

Screenshot 2022-10-27 154848.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice. I believe the L in your serial number means 1973. WR might mean Walnut Raw for the original finish. 

I believe value might be $4-600.00 but I haven’t kept up in selling prices (not asking prices cuz those are crazier) if recent times

good luck

Bill

• Like 1

just curious why you say 1973.  Everywhere i read about these they are saying 1960+- and some show sold for up to 2800.00 for a matched pair.  Why does L mean 1973, is there somewher i can look them up to be sure?.  I am a newbie to all this so i can officially say i accept all info as learning  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/161759-klipsch-heritage-codes/

That link will give you all the info you want as far as manufacture date, etc.

silversport is spot on as far as value range.  There’s tons of vintage Heresys for sale out there.

Disagree. Put those up for "market price determination" (read: auction) showing the condition AND the OG boxes and that 400-600 figure will get lapped several times over, especially during Holiday or tax refund seasons, IF this is all in near mint condition. These aren't "normal used Heresys" at least from what we can see, and prices are much much higher than they were years ago. It's probably true that with more "rash" and no boxes (IOW, just an old pair of Heresys) then that sub 1K number would be correct, but these aren't just normal used Heresys they are in too good of shape (at least with what info has been given here). I'd be curious what the boxes and rest of the cabs look like too....

If all those are worth on the open market is $600 I would never let them out of the stable. Too good for that money.....

• Like 2

Yes, regarding the Historian. Can help with certain information. Not all info.

Pics will be necessary of course, whether you use an auction site or not. If you want an opinion on condition, it will help. Anyway, good luck with sale. Welcome!

1 hour ago, Audible Nectar said:

Disagree. Put those up for "market price determination" (read: auction) showing the condition AND the OG boxes and that 400-600 figure will get lapped several times over, especially during Holiday or tax refund seasons, IF this is all in near mint condition. These aren't "normal used Heresys" at least from what we can see, and prices are much much higher than they were years ago. It's probably true that with more "rash" and no boxes (IOW, just an old pair of Heresys) then that sub 1K number would be correct, but these aren't just normal used Heresys they are in too good of shape (at least with what info has been given here). I'd be curious what the boxes and rest of the cabs look like too....

If all those are worth on the open market is $600 I would never let them out of the stable. Too good for that money.....

I have some picture if this will help figure things out.  The pictures file names include the serial numbers so you can tell which are of which speaker.  So 5 that are 8L246... are one speaker and *8L247 are the other.  

8L247 back.jpg

8L247 front.jpg

8L247 guts.jpg

8L247 left.jpg

8L247 right.jpg

8L246 back.jpg

8L246 front.jpg

8L246 guts.jpg

8L246 left.jpg

8L246 right.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Zorro0921 said:

So 5 that are 8L246... are one speaker and *8L247 are the other

ok , so the speakers are in great shape -

-the badges are positioned incorrectly

-the Drivers woofer-midrange-tweeter all have Alnico magnets , they should sound ok ,

-bass can be improved with a newer woofer for the Heresy speakers and the older  capacitors can be upgraded with new klipsch capacitors ,

-grilles look to be stapled so  non-removable  -

-overall a beautiful pair of Heresy speakers , and yes value is 5-6-700$ , Ebay seems to fetch the highest selling prices , but you have fees to pay .

• Like 1

@Zorro0921 -- i'll reply with basically the same info i posted in your other thread.

those are heresy I speakers.  as noted above, "L" means 1973.  the "WR" means walnut raw.  those look quite nice -- based on the market in my area, i would pay up to about $700 for them without thinking twice.  you can certainly find people asking more than that for them (don't know if they actually get it).  the only "issue" is that the badge is missing off the back of the mid-range driver -- probably insignificant.

i have '75 heresys -- they sound fabulous with the alnico drivers.  to sound their best, they do need to be very close to the wall.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frzninvt said:

Nothing special other than condition and cartons.  The woofers are chincy in these old models and not capable of todays power output.

Are you assuming they're K-22 alnico woofers?  If so, I really like mine.  Of course, I'm only using a 10 watt amp and don't blow the roof off volume-wise.

• Like 1