Dirac live mic spots

Heritage_Head

Sorry to see you haven’t gotten any responses on this yet…. I to have Dirac, Which is far and  way better than Odyssey…. Seemed like odyssey took all of the dynamics completely out of my home theater this was not the case with Dirac, if you are going to have Klipsch speakers I don’t see why you would want to try to achieve a completely flat sound …. I believe I did nine positions when I set up mine but from what I’ve heard the most important one is the first one, It is somewhat time consuming if you’re doing several positions and it is also critical that you have dead silence in the room or you’ll be starting over for each position… Things like ACs turning on and off and the ambient noise outside do you get picked up by the microphone and affect the readings, So you want to be mindful of that… In my opinion we’re worth the time to set it up properly…. 
Also keep in mind you can pick different target curves depending on how you want it to sound… More bass, less bass ect.

hope this helps a little bit keep us posted as to what your results are and what are you think I’m curious to know..

• Thanks 1

Appreciate the feedback. The instruction (and what I’ve read ) say you basically have the one (first) position for the main listening position, and then an eight point square box around that position. So if I’m understanding it correctly all the main stuff (like distance, levels, and phasing) is all done from the very first calibration. All the other 8 measurements are NOT considered listening positions… these are considered room measurement data. 

1 hour ago, Heritage_Head said:

the other 8 measurements are NOT considered listening positions… these are considered room measurement data. 

Hence the reason why you're better off skipping them, or it will compromise your phantom imaging. I discovered about 15 years ago when I used Audyssey. They all work in a similar fashion. I currently use YPAO from Yamaha and I do the same thing. 1 mike reading only. You're welcome.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Hence the reason why you're better off skipping them, or it will compromise your phantom imaging. I discovered about 15 years ago when I used Audyssey. They all work in a similar fashion. I currently use YPAO from Yamaha and I do the same thing. 1 mike reading only. You're welcome.

Is there any point to it?

• 2 weeks later...