Top Gun: Maverick

wuzzzer

Bought the 4k disc today.  Just put it in and turned up my receiver to -5dB.  I’m running my THTs a little on the hot side.  Briefly hit the clipping lights on the Crown amp I’m powering them with.  Unbelievable LFE on this disc and that’s just in the first couple minutes.

If my neighbors are reading this, I’m sorry if I woke you up.  😅

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

Saw it on airplane with IEMs in, not the same effect. Will watch at home later this year and try to replicate your fun. @wuzzzer

I had to turn it down because it’s after 11 and my wife is in bed.  Can’t wait to watch the whole movie at the proper volume.  🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Bought the 4k disc today.  Just put it in and turned up my receiver to -5dB.  I’m running my THTs a little on the hot side.  Briefly hit the clipping lights on the Crown amp I’m powering them with.  Unbelievable LFE on this disc and that’s just in the first couple minutes.

If my neighbors are reading this, I’m sorry if I woke you up.  😅

the louder the better ,  skip and FF the love story   ,  and oh yeah ,  the Admirals  grounding Mav  ,  suits , do these guys  know who they are up against   , the famous  line "  these are orders Mav " ,  yeah like he gives 2 shits when he destroys a Mach 10 plane ,  it's Maverick ,  they dont have a chance .  great LFE  .

I appreciate some of the retro acknowledgements, and the more modern aspects.  Some elements could have been done better, but it was a good sequel.  Doubt there will be a third.  Might send the wife out for a spa day and then watch with all speakers on LOUD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

Thanks!  Didn't get to see the movie and planned on the disc.  Gonna soooo treat the neighbors.  lol  :)

I really wish I didn’t have my theater in the basement on concrete floors.  My neighbors have no idea how good my taste in speakers and subwoofers is.  😅

• Like 1

@wuzzzermy HT is in basement too, but fortunately carpeted.  Subs are on 1.5 inch hard foam, extra layer of carpet and SVS Soundpath feet, inside 4 poster stands under the modified Klipsch Heresy.  Rattles the heck out of the fireplace glass... ahhhh yeah!  I really like the SVS Soundpath feet, on my Velodyne subs.  You might look into them, set of 4 is about $70 Cdn so not expensive.  Then go to carpet store and ask for old sample squares or cut off ends, then Home Depot or Lowes, get a piece of solid foam ... voila you are in business for the subs.  The ricochet off the floor is a whole other issue!  An End of the Roll carpet store might give you a deal on some carpet remnants to cover up the space in front of the speakers.

2 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

@wuzzzermy HT is in basement too, but fortunately carpeted.  Subs are on 1.5 inch hard foam, extra layer of carpet and SVS Soundpath feet, inside 4 poster stands under the modified Klipsch Heresy.  Rattles the heck out of the fireplace glass... ahhhh yeah!  I really like the SVS Soundpath feet, on my Velodyne subs.  You might look into them, set of 4 is about $70 Cdn so not expensive.  Then go to carpet store and ask for old sample squares or cut off ends, then Home Depot or Lowes, get a piece of solid foam ... voila you are in business for the subs.  The ricochet off the floor is a whole other issue!  An End of the Roll carpet store might give you a deal on some carpet remnants to cover up the space in front of the speakers.

I’m on carpet over concrete.  I have rubber isolation blocks under the THTs.  It definitely gives you a ton of tactical feel but nothing like if I were on a wood floor.

• Like 2