LIVE MUSIC

DizRotus

The California Honeydrops are a fantastic rhythm & blues band.  The eight of us in our group heartily agreed it was the best live show we’d ever seen. The tickets were $25; a tremendous bargain.

If they are playing anywhere close to you, go see and hear them.  You will not be disappointed.

Mods.  Please move this to the appropriate forum.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_California_Honeydrops

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, geezin' said:

Unfortunately it appears I'll need to fly anywhere they'll be playing.

EDIT:Listened to a bit on streaming app. Too bad they aren't closer. Good music.

May 26-28, 2023 in Cumberland, MD.  I don’t think you need to fly there.

• Like 1

Originally I tried to organize a gathering of old college friends (redundant) to see The Mavericks at the Royal Oak Theater in April, but tickets were over $400 each.

When a knowledgeable old girlfriend (again redundant) recommended TCH as a favorite live band, I bought six tickets at $25 each.  Despite my strong confidence in my friend’s musical taste and opinions, I was nervous about organizing a group outing to hear a “bargain” band none of us had heard of. A fourth couple got a pair of tickets before it was sold out.

The warmup-band was very good, so I felt some relief.  When TCH took the stage, my concerns vanished.  While the room was rocking, one of our group gave me an enthusiastic thumbs up with a huge grin on her face.

Thanks Bruce @Marvel for posting the YouTube video.  TCH is more a party than a concert.

Great find @DizRotus. I had not heard of them. Very nice. Break out your "old" friends and go on a road trip to Denver. Saw they were playing Red Rocks next year. My kids took me there earlier this year as a "bucket list" gift. Well worth it. The acoustics would be great for this party band. Wear your hiking shoes.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DizRotus said:

When is the last time you heard a trombone solo @tromprof? TCH had one, and the guy nailed it.  Do you get a sense that I strongly recommended this band?

I felt so guilty about those $25 tickets I downloaded a couple albums from TCH website.

As a professional trombonist I hear trombone solos all the time 😜

However, it is nice seeing a band use a horn section!