New Heritage Jubilee Larger Venue Review?

billybob

Good question, I remember listening to a set of Klipschorns playing in a really small room , maybe 10x10 , they sounded ok  , but they didn’t sound nearly as good  as Khorns playing in a big  room . I don’t think these big horn speakers perform at their very  best at anything approaching near field listening , better to give them plenty of room .In other words I think the Jubilee will be even more fabulous in a larger venue.  , interested to hear some comments 🤓

• Like 1

Other places like church, bar, lounge, outdoor have used the LaScala Heritage and pro for example for their purposes.

Wouldn't be surprised if listening lounges in europe/other were to adapt to this full range speaker.

Thanks Tom05...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Other places like church, bar, lounge, outdoor have used the LaScala Heritage and pro for example for their purposes.

Wouldn't be surprised if listening lounges in europe/other were to adapt to this full range speaker.

Thanks Tom05...

My present room is about 20x 22 with 10ft celings.the full MWMs produced the best bass I've heard, even at low volumes. I actually had some people tell be the MWM bass is better than the UJ bass.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Marvel said:

My present room is about 20x 22 with 10ft celings.the full MWMs produced the best bass I've heard, even at low volumes. I actually had some people tell be the MWM bass is better than the UJ bass.

I’ve also had MWM’s in a small room. MWM bass is very nice, no matter what size the room. 

• Like 3

• Klipsch Employees
9 minutes ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Ok, Roy

Share us some Facts please

Because of the large horn the imaging and soundstage remains the same. Outside the bass if full and does not falter because they are set to curve flat in half space which basically means that you at least have a floor. In rooms you start to add room gain and Michael mentioned he removed most of that. Will they sound good outside? Yes. Will they sound good in a large room 30x40? Yes. Will they sound good in a small room? Yes. That’s they beauty of large constant coverage horns. Hope this helps. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

Because of the large horn the imaging and soundstage remains the same. Outside the bass if full and does not falter because they are set to curve flat in half space which basically means that you at least have a floor. In rooms you start to add room gain and Michael mentioned he removed most of that. Will they sound good outside? Yes. Will they sound good in a large room 30x40? Yes. Will they sound good in a small room? Yes. That’s they beauty of large constant coverage horns. Hope this helps. 

Very cool... thanks for that. Occurs to me that a pilgrimage 

could be a good place to preview. We'll see...

• Like 1

I’m sure that the Jubilee will sound fantastic in any sized room  , but I’m certain that they will not  sound the same in different sized rooms , after all the room size will affect the acoustics of the listening environment. Small rooms have inherent issues  , large rooms different concerns. It’s a matter   of taste ,as to which is preferred 🤓

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom05 said:

I’m sure that the Jubilee will sound fantastic in any sized room  , but I’m certain that they will not  sound the same in different sized rooms , after all the room size will affect the acoustics of the listening environment. Small rooms have inherent issues  , large rooms different concerns. Probably a matter of taste ,as to which is preferred 🤓

While that's true as a general rule, are you suggesting that people forgo purchasing their dream speakers just because the only option they have is a small room?  Perhaps one day I'll bother moving to a house with a bigger room for them.  However, I didn't see any point waiting for what may be years to own a pair of Jubilee

9 hours ago, Tom05 said:

Good question, I remember listening to a set of Klipschorns playing in a really small room , maybe 10x10 , they sounded ok  , but they didn’t sound nearly as good  as Khorns playing in a big  room . I don’t think these big horn speakers perform at their very  best at anything approaching near field listening , better to give them plenty of room .In other words I think the Jubilee will be even more fabulous in a larger venue.  , interested to hear some comments 🤓

The Klipschorn specifically has issues in small rooms due to how it's designed.  This is due to the wide splay angle between the bass bin horn mouths.  I believe it was Jim Hunter who said that you need to be about 12 feet away for the bass horn mouths to sum properly and then integrate with the MF/HF.  The Jubilee does not suffer from this limitation.  The speaker acts almost like a point source.  You can get quite close to the Jubilee, and it still sounds like one integrated sound source.  The Jubilee is nothing like the Khorn in the regard.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

No comment here...  I just wanted to quote a comment by Roy that was more than 3-words. 

:emotion-21:

• Like 5

Your room isn’t so small , I’m only trying to point out that the size of the room will contribute to the sound quality good or bad . I’ll  never discourage  anyone from buying  Klipsch , particularly  their new flagship model  , I think your setup looks fantastic  . But In general I do like the sound of a larger room , and that goes for my room  also , wish it was bigger . No offense to anyone with smaller rooms , smaller speakers, weaker amps   , overweight wives etc .🤓

• Like 1
  • Sad 1