New Heritage Jubilee Larger Venue Review?

billybob

Thing that has always grabbed me is having had small to larger Klipsch speakers in a limited space, how well they performed.

Now along comes larger for home use and I'll say club, hall, commercial space.

And how well this larger speaker can fulfill the roles of both is an awesome proposition when considered.

Like some things have encountered,  both complex and simple at the same time.

Cool

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

It does not make your Body feel such, does it ??

Reminded me of a story (I've told this before)

I bought my EV Interface D's in 1978.  Brought them into my bedroom.  Had them attached to a Yamaha 100 watt receiver (forget model).  Had some AKG headphones.  Put the headphones on, turned some Aerosmith on and UP.  It was loud (hey, I was 18)

I was AMAZED at how those headphones vibrated my head, my feet....in fact, the entire ROOM was just pounding.  I was utterly facenated at how they performed.  I might have even turned it up louder to feel the room pound, via the AKG's.

About then, my red-faced, fire spewing mother barged into my room yelling/screaming for me to TURNNNNNNNN it DOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I was perplexed as I took the headphones off.....  uh oh....  seems I had forgotten to turn the speakers off.  So while I was listening to the headphones thinking I was being respectful, I was in fact pounding the britches out of the house with the EV's pumping away.  Since I had the cans on, I was oblivious that the speakers were pounding (-3db point at 28 hz) 

No way could I even try to say it was an accident.  How on earth do you have it at deafening volume and not know?  Well, because I'm a teenage dumbazz who was amazed at how fantastic the headphones vibrated the entire room???

Oops.  Love ya mom!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

It does not make your Body feel such, does it ??

Actually, they do make me feel the beat a bit.  They’re AudioQuest NightOwl Carbon headphones, and when combined with the DragonFly Red or Cobalt DACs/headphone amplifiers they do have surprising punch for headphones.

11 hours ago, Coytee said:

Reminded me of a story (I've told this before)

I bought my EV Interface D's in 1978.  Brought them into my bedroom.  Had them attached to a Yamaha 100 watt receiver (forget model).  Had some AKG headphones.  Put the headphones on, turned some Aerosmith on and UP.  It was loud (hey, I was 18)

I was AMAZED at how those headphones vibrated my head, my feet....in fact, the entire ROOM was just pounding.  I was utterly facenated at how they performed.  I might have even turned it up louder to feel the room pound, via the AKG's.

About then, my red-faced, fire spewing mother barged into my room yelling/screaming for me to TURNNNNNNNN it DOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I was perplexed as I took the headphones off.....  uh oh....  seems I had forgotten to turn the speakers off.  So while I was listening to the headphones thinking I was being respectful, I was in fact pounding the britches out of the house with the EV's pumping away.  Since I had the cans on, I was oblivious that the speakers were pounding (-3db point at 28 hz) 

No way could I even try to say it was an accident.  How on earth do you have it at deafening volume and not know?  Well, because I'm a teenage dumbazz who was amazed at how fantastic the headphones vibrated the entire room???

Oops.  Love ya mom!

With my bedroom system (Yamaha RX-V750 AVR), plugging in headphones cuts out the speakers, but since the subwoofers are fed by the Pre Out terminals, they stay active.  The first time I plugged in the phones, I was really impressed with the bass response, then I took them off and realized that the subs were playing pretty loud.  If you’re not disturbing anyone, it’s a pretty cool effect.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Islander said:

If you’re not disturbing anyone, it’s a pretty cool effect.

Absolutely!

I've even wondered if it would be worth doing the headphone thing.....  with a subwoofer in the room to augment the visceral assault.

Kind of best of both worlds...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They are my favorite outside, mainly because most other speakers can't pull it off at all so these just sound so much superior to most everything else in that environment that I'm not sure how you can't like it.  They work fine inside as well of course.  Only thing I've ran across that may be specific to room size is that I heard some songs in the lab that sounded a little bloated.  Gillian Welch for example.  Miss Ohio doesn't exactly have a ton of low bass and probably shouldn't sound like it does.  I have always assumed it was due to cabin gain.  May have just been some weird room modes, IDK.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Paducah Home Theater said:

They are my favorite outside, mainly because most other speakers can't pull it off at all so these just sound so much superior to most everything else in that environment that I'm not sure how you can't like it.  They work fine inside as well of course.  Only thing I've ran across that may be specific to room size is that I heard some songs in the lab that sounded a little bloated.  Gillian Welch for example.  Miss Ohio doesn't exactly have a ton of low bass and probably shouldn't sound like it does.  I have always assumed it was due to cabin gain.  May have just been some weird room modes, IDK.  

I would imagine it's cabin gain.  Since Roy mentioned earlier in this thread that the Heritage Jubilee is curved to be flat in half space, then once you get near a wall or corner there will be bass gain.  Having them in my small living room required two PEQs per channel to tame the bass, one of them was more than -10 dB.  It's a shame the Jubilee DSP doesn't let change the low bass response.  I was fortunate that my processor has built-in PEQ capability.

44 minutes ago, MMurg said:

Having them in my small living room required two PEQs per channel to tame the bass, one of them was more than -10 dB.  It's a shame the Jubilee DSP doesn't let change the low bass response.  I was fortunate that my processor has built-in PEQ capability.

this is the 1st time I hear that a klipsch speaker needs to be attenuated by more than  -10 dB , it 's usually the contrary   ,  so from what  you're saying   , the  Heritage Jubilee pounces more in the bass  section than the UJ  , the HJ  can be used in  small Theaters or Clubs , it's that good .

1 hour ago, OO1 said:

this is the 1st time I hear that a klipsch speaker needs to be attenuated by more than  -10 dB , it 's usually the contrary   ,  so from what  you're saying   , the  Heritage Jubilee pounces more in the bass  section than the UJ  , the HJ  can be used in  small Theaters or Clubs , it's that good .

Yes, the Heritage Jubilee definitely bests the Underground Jubilee in the deep bass.  The large cuts in my room had to be made in in the 20s (-10.5 dB at 26 Hz in the left channel and -7.5 dB at 22 Hz in the right channel.  And that's leaving it a little high, the way I like it.  I could have cut more to be really flat.  (There were much smaller cuts in the 100 Hz region).  That 18 Hz number in the frequency response specification is no joke.  With my PEQs, the - 3dB point is at 16 Hz in my small room.

On 11/28/2022 at 5:46 PM, MMurg said:

That 18 Hz number in the frequency response specification is no joke.  With my PEQs, the - 3dB point is at 16 Hz in my small room.

Dude...  I guess Mr. Delgado really did have something better than a matching subwoofer under his hat.

Try This:, it gets ALL the way down.

• Like 1