Advice needed on rears for Forte ii based ATMOS system..

dkpack99

I’d like to hear some recommendations for rear speakers!

I have a HT setup with Forte ii’s for the fronts and sides and KLF C7 in the center and two 21” full Marty subs. I’ve been using whatever's laying around for the rear speakers. It’s a good sized room, 32’ across and 25” from front to back.

The speakers will be in book shelves, so I’m guessing no rear porting (unless plugging the port is ok).

I’m looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks!

thanks, 

Dave P.

Chicagoland

CC01B5A4-0F70-426B-8883-87857E30A13E.jpeg

I like to stick with as similar speakers as possible for the homogeneity.

That means for the rears if you have the space try to find some other Forte's or Heresy's.

And if you can fit one, I would replace the center also with an Heresy😉

That would be the perfect match for me

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stoka said:

I like to stick with as similar speakers as possible for the homogeneity.

That means for the rears if you have the space try to find some other Forte's or Heresy's.

And if you can fit one, I would replace the center also with an Heresy😉

That would be the perfect match for me

Thanks Stoka, I should have mentioned I don’t have room for heresy’s or anything bigger.

Edited by dkpack99

On 11/5/2022 at 3:49 PM, dkpack99 said:

I’m guessing no rear porting (unless plugging the port is ok

Don't think "plugging the port" is a problem. You'll loose some of the lower end - no clue how much; think it is minimal. FYI, I have RC-7's as L/R mains in my TV sound setup. Since they are in a bookcase, against the wall, I plugged the rear ports with some socks. They still sound very, very good :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice and help everyone. I’m happy to say, I no longer have a Forte ii based system, I have a Belle based HT system. 

I found some fairly priced Belle’s for sale by the original owner and in mint condition. So, I’m now going Belle’s up front and Forte ii’s (bought from a member here a couple years ago) for the center, SR, SL and SBR.. my KLF C7 fits nicely on a shelf in my bar area as the SBL. 

Thanks everyone for enabling my HT addiction. Once I’m done building a stand for the center speaker and getting my subs correctly aligned, I’ll be done! (Is that a thing?).

Thanks again for taking the time to help out.

Dave P.

Mains: Klipsch Forte II
Front Atmos reflective: Klipsch RP-500SA
Center: Klipsch Academy
Surround: Klipsch KG-1
Rear: Klipsch KG 2.2
Rear Atmos reflective: Klipsch RP-500SA
Sub: SVS PB 12 Plus/2

This is my current set up. I've got another pair of KG 2.2s I've put in place of the KG-1s, I just like the looks of the KG-1s on the side. 
There was a time when I had a 5.1 that I had five Klipsch Forte IIs. It was overkill on the rears. The center probably was better than the Academy but the Academy blends in better sitting on top of my entertainment center. 

I'm basically running all old school stuff except the RP-500SAs. I've tried them hung up high and on top of my fronts and I think I get better effects on the fronts. On the wall up high I get louder effects but I think you get more overhead effects bouncing it off the ceiling. That said 100 guys will argue that so try both and do what works in your setup.