For Sale: Carver VTA-20 EL-84 Tube Amp $1000 Plus Actual Shipping Cost

jjptkd

Carver VTA-20 I re-tubed this guy when I first bought it and with the tube shortage scare bought an extra set of new EL-84m's. Tubes that are in it now are 7189's they have maybe 400 hours on them? Input tubes are gold pin JJ's ECC-83's with the same amount of hours. Would like $1000 for this with one set set of tubes your choice or both sets for an extra $100. A'gon listing from when I bought this guy:

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisag4j5-adcom-gfa-545-ii-100-wpc-8-ohms-stereo-power-amplifier-amp-amplifiers?show_listing=true

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisag8ba-brand-new-el84-el84m-6bq5-and-7189-tubes-1980s-nos-quad-set-below-market-price-tubes?show_listing=true

20220423_135305re.jpg

BM20n25.jpg

22 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

If I hadn't just bought an RM-10, I would be all over this one. GLWS....

It's a great little amp with a very wide soundstage sounds a bit warmer than my Sunfire solid state amps but just as clear and detailed. Doesn't quite have the depth of the newer Carver tube amps but this one is very well built no circuit boards and double insulated wiring for safety. Also the finish is very nice makes my new BM-275 look very plain sitting next to it.

This VTA-20 was able to power most of my speakers to fairly loud levels no problem in my 14x18 room with the exception of the KI-396-II's. It would would get them going pretty good just about as loud as I'd ever want but it seemed like it was straining a bit to get there with no room left in the volume. I looked up the spec on the 396's and they're rated at 600 watts RMS, 2400 watts peak so I think this little amp did quite well considering. My other speakers I've ran with it would play pretty loud no problems.

I've got this on the Carversite as well along with a few other items figured I'd give people on the forums first chance at this kind of hard to find amp, this weekend I'll probably post everything on US Audiomart. 

vta20bottomre.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • jjptkd changed the title to For Sale: Carver VTA-20 EL-84 Tube Amp w/ Extra New Tubes Included $1250 Shipped
27 minutes ago, nickyboy6100 said:

Whatever those speakers are in the background of your sale ad photo look bad ***!

Thanks, yeah they rock pretty damn good. They're Klipsch KPT-335's in custom Chorus type cabinets I've also converted a pair of Chorus II cabinets into custom KPT-325's.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Giving this a new year bump with price reduction $1100 plus shipping, guessing that will run approx. $75? Great amp in mint condition from what I can see, no issues fresh tubes with extras let me know if you have any questions thanks.

Jesse

• jjptkd changed the title to For Sale: Carver VTA-20 EL-84 Tube Amp w/ Extra New Tubes Included $1100

Figured I'd bump this back to the top, reduced the price again now offering it at $1000 plus actual shipping cost with one set of power tubes. Your choice either the new EL-84m's or 7189's with approx. 400 hours on them. Guessing shipping will be around $50-$75? This is a great little amp in perfect or near perfect condition from what I can see I'll take some good pictures here in a bit thanks. 

• jjptkd changed the title to For Sale: Carver VTA-20 EL-84 Tube Amp $1000 Plus Actual Shipping Cost