Moruga Booga---hot sauce

oldtimer

• oldtimer changed the title to Moruga Booga---hot sauce

Everytime I go inshore fishing I stop by my favorite mom & pop sushi joint. It's a little hole-in-the-wall place that would make you think twice about stopping, it's called "Sushi Luck". But the guy's reputation is well known by the locals. The joint is a modest little house owned by an ole Japanese fellow and his wife.  Luckily the ole gal speaks broken english (husband speaks none, but authoratatively grunts and barks. He reminds me of the soup nazi from Seinfeld. His sushi is utterly out of the world, but if you want to change something on the menu, you'll go through great pains to convince him. Anyway and the reason for my post, he has this product called "CAT 5" which he doesn't push, but on a shelf behind the sushi prep station he has about 20 to 30 of these tiny jars, see pic. A a local friend of his produces the product right there in Rockport; I like Rockport because it's only a couple hours drive and I'm in the water, not as remote or beautiful as lower laguna madre.

This stuff is great on all the food I've used it on, even popcorn. Great product with a good sting,....   ice cream not included.

CAT 5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...