Good Speaker match for Pioneer SX-780 50 watts per channel

Retired

I am new to the forum and now that I am retired looking forward to listening to classical music.  A short time back and decided to get back to my electronics hobby, I restored a Pioneer SX-780 back to original specifications and I was hoping someone here could recommend a good match.  I chose the SX-780 because it is what I had when I was in college and brought back some fond memories.  The challenge of course is budget, although I want something with great sound, I can't justify something expensive at this point.  I have never owned Klipsch speakers, I currently have a pair of B&W 703 S2s hooked to my AVR, but they like a lot of power and are dedicated to my home theater system.  I also have a pair of the original B&W 602 in storage, but I was hoping I could find Klipsch speakers that would be equal to or better when listening to classical music, specifically piano solo's with the 50 Watt limit.  For additional information my living room is about 17' x 13' and I would be listening at 13 feet from speakers.  Once again thank you for any suggestions or advice, in the past I have made the mistake of going to the store and falling for marketing advice, that is I how I ended up with the 703's, which then required adding an Emotiva XPA-3 amp to realize their potential.  They work great in my Family room for watching movies, but in my living room I just want to enjoy some relaxing music.

8 hours ago, billybob said:

Welcome! What is your budget for Klipsch and how tall is ceiling? You came to a good place for advise. Thanks!

My ceilings are 8 feet high, and the room is currently carpeted.  I was hoping I could get into something decent from Klipsch for around $600-$800 a pair. I have heard of the Klipsch RP-600M reference bookshelf speakers but was hoping for something better. I would prefer some floor standing models and I am willing to wait and save if I need to get something that will sound really good.  My next rebuild will be an SX-1280, when I find one that needs work but is in decent shape, so I want speakers that can grow if possible.  I have no idea at what price point Klipsch speakers I should be looking at for great low volume music.

8 hours ago, billybob said:

Edited by Retired

Great! Well, there may be a pair of RB-75s in the garage sale here, that are used but desirable by some. The 600s have a following here also.

Likely deals will be around about now. So much for smaller. Floorstanders new will cost but some open box . These home theater type. Likely want something near the Pioneer era. First thought is those Chorus 1 speakers from 88 in walnut veneer also  in our garage sale. Look nice but need a little more for alot more. Nice and the 1280 may like it. Others here with ideas on low volume listening.

BTW, whereabout are you hailing from?

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Retired said:

I am new to the forum and now that I am retired looking forward to listening to classical music.  A short time back and decided to get back to my electronics hobby, I restored a Pioneer SX-780 back to original specifications and I was hoping someone here could recommend a good match.   

klipsch Heresy 1 .......or any klipsch Heresy Speaker , Forte 1  can also do