Inflation

the real Duke Spinner

As awful in the Carolinas @the real Duke Spinner.

$3.50 to 4 for a loaf of decent bread substitute that I have bought twice this year. Dukes (the only mayonnaise, others have sugar added) almost $5 for the <1qt size. Watered down milk $4 a gallon? Whole is supposed to be around 4-7% milkfat, lots of times it's not. Now "they" say 3% +. Iceberg lettuce $2, celery $2, bell pepper $3-4. It goes on. I clean my bathroom and kitchen with bleach (I take immunos). I won't buy bleach for $7 a gallon, been making my own for a couple years. Up Yours o w's

Don't trust folks enough anymore to eat out much, only a couple places I'd trust back home. Face piercings and fluorescent hair behind the counter make me do a 180 every time.

The Catholic family that run their restaurant nearby that I can't order at because I only speak English? Their kitchen is clean, they are too. Best tamales I've had in decades, they make the guacamole after you order it... best ever! Chunky without anything holding it together except maybe the lime juice! I've got an interpreter.

When diesel can't be found, or it reaches that price that no one will buy the product with that price added on...

* Or maybe that is fodder for the masses? not sure

Edited by JohnJ

• Moderators

It’s only the 5th inflation thread in the last

6 months, which doesn’t include off topic inflation related posts in threads like garage sale. They all went off the rails in less than a day.

Trying to figure out what a Catholic family who apparently has English as a second language has to do with inflation or why and even mid-term elections on gas prices. 

2 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

I am in the butt end of Upstate New York

Prices have shot up beyond belief in several years

Omlette &15.99   🙄

Talkin s $50 breakfast for two. ...

Yikes

Has to be killing business I would think 

I'm not paying that for several dollars with of food.

What's your area like ??

so food prices have been stable for several years there, it’s just resturant prices that are completely out of whack?

• Like 1

Nice perk at work....  I've got a company card.  Rules are, if I travel MORE than 10 miles from home, I can use it for one meal.....on them  (daily if I'm on the road every day)

Well....  for me to drive to town, cross the bridge to THEN decide "do I need to go south, west or north....  that bridge is 10 miles.  So virtually any day I'm on the road, I can buy a meal on them.

Boss said if it's under $50 he doesn't want to hear any concerns about it....  just do it.

That gives me a wide latitude of places I can visit.  Nice thing about that, if I go mexican, my wife wants the beans (which I pass on), she wants the glop they put on top of my food (I don't want that either)  Long story short, she's eating the half of mine that I would otherwise simply tell them to keep so we both get some munchies from my day trips.

Heck, how long can you last on a large pizza? 

I was getting diesel a couple weekends ago.  Guy was filling his tank (I think 125 gallons)  His combine was nearing empty and I think he said it takes 250 gallons to fill it.  Got to gabbing and I made one of my remarks, telling him to please leave some behind so I could fill my 5-gallon jug (I try to stay topped off at the house AND my equipment)  I went on to say that "you DO know (don't you dumbazz) that we're going to run out in 13 days?"

He laughed....  said if we did....  it was over.  I agree.  Need that to plant the crops, to harvest the crops, to move the crops to market, to move to store blah blah blah....

HA  I just thought of a silver lining.....

When we're 100% out of power, we'll all start burning our wooden speakers for heat.  Jubilee has more wood than a LaScala or Cornwall....  so I'll have more heat!  The Underground Jubilee cost less than the Heritage Jubilee so it won't be as painful to burn.

I suddenly feel very secure.  :unsure2: