Thoughts on these La Scalas

Daveh

Saw these local to me - about a 20 minute drive to check them out. I currently have KG5.5 speakers - I feel they are “just ok”…kinda want to try something else. Might these La Scalas be a somewhat lower cost way to try something different?

https://houston.craigslist.org/ele/d/houston-klipsch-la-scala/7558259454.html

eaa951b5e4cfbea057d5169a05d40b87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

If you think you can sell them down the road for what you paid, it’s a no-brainer.

It has been referred to on the forum as “rent free”.

My opinion is you owe it to yourself to find out what La Scalas sound like in your own home, and the price is right.

Seal the deal!

If they're only 20 minutes away, maybe go with a companion to check them out.  That will collapse the wave function, so they'll either be there or not be there.  Right now, they seem to be in a state of superposition, so it's almost equally possible that they exist or don't exist.  If you can arrange a meeting to hear them, I would not recommend going alone.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

Yeah I’d show up on his doorstep and watch hilarity ensue………

Please record it so we can all share in the fun 😁

For the last four YEARS, I get a text on my phone.  It's on my WORK phone, not personal.  

Basically asking if 543 Mulberry is for sale because they're interested in buying it.  I will also get actual calls about same address.  I looked up the address I think it's in Memphis and I'm in Knoxville....hmmm...

Oh, and it's not listed for sale.  So I get they're phishing, scamming, something.

I usually hang up as I don't have time for the nonsense BUT, every now & then they'll reach me when I DO have a few minutes and might be in a vindictive state of mind.  So, I'll engage a bit...

"What's your offer?"

"uh....  well.....we need to see the house to evaluate..."

"nope.....you called me wanting to buy so ostensibly, you have all you need to know....heck, you even found my phone number....what's your offer???"

"uh....  well....uh....."

"Tell you what....  why don't you just drive over and we'll go through the house and then you can make me an offer, how about that?"

"ummmmmmmmmm...well......"

This is where I usually just hang up on them and go about my day.

I came home from work one day to find a "For Sale" sign here where I live.  Ummm....  you think I'd know if my place is for sale.  I presumed:

1.  The realtor was trying to drum up people who might be interested in buying something and go from there

2.  Some teenagers saw the sign somewhere, grabbed it and we got pranked.

I called the realtor....told him I had his sign.  He seemed genuinely horrified by what I told him (I've been told it's illegal for them to post like that, adding credibility that it was a prank job, ESPECIALLY once you know where I live and the effort it takes to get here, you do NOT get "casual passing by" traffic here as I'm the last house of a dead end road and the farm is maybe 1/2 mile along this road.