what level to you usually listen at?

Fido

I sit 10 feet from my speakers and find myself usually listening at 45-55 db at my sweet spot. That is the point my speakers sound great with a lot of dynamics. I still crank the Fortes up sometimes but most of my listening is well below 60 DBs. I am curious how loud other Klipsch users play their music on a regular basis?

The wife’s voice measures in at around  80 db , so 85 db is my magic number ,anything less than 85 , I will get a  horrible duet effect🤓 . When the little lady isn’t around, 75 db peaks are satisfying,    I’ll listen at 100 db peaks occasionally with some of my favorite music , but only for a few minutes  ,a movie with really good special effects and outstanding use of LFE can sound phenomenal at very high levels , I’ve measured 110  peak at my listening position  , but after the awesome scene, the volume is returned to sane levels.🤓

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, babadono said:

And for me at least how much distortion your loudspeakers are making. With the Jubes it is extremely easy to get way too happy with the mains fader.

With the Jubes, I also find they can be louder as background music and we can still hold a conversation at the same time. 

• Like 1

I'm gradually changing.  I just find such joy in letting it rip!  Historically, peaks around 100db.  These days, more like 90db and sometimes as low as 85db.  

Movies are a bit different.  I very much enjoy peaks of 110db or so in action movies.  Mind you, those higher peaks are almost always in the 30hz and under range.  I wouldn't enjoy that so much in the upper register.

• Like 1