what level to you usually listen at?

Fido

2 hours ago, babadono said:

And for me at least how much distortion your loudspeakers are making. With the Jubes it is extremely easy to get way too happy with the mains fader.

When I had the MWMs hooked up, the bass was so effortless that it was too easy to turn up the volume.

• Like 2

I find this very interesting. Many Klipsch owners like it VERY LOUD!!!! - High 60sDB to low 70S DB is plenty loud for me with my Forte 4s. Nice to know that most on this forum prefer a regular dose of LOUD!!!! Music

My wife and her family can't handle loud music, loud laughing, loud talking etc. My family is loud so I can very quickly get under her family's skins!. I have learned to enjoy lower listening levels after 25 years of marriage. The Fortes are very dynamic even at 70 DBs

• Like 1

One important question:  are we measuring at listening position, or 1 metre/yard in front of one speaker?  Since this is a subjective question, should I just assume that the level at our ears is being discussed, without precise regard to the sound level at the speakers, since everyone’s room is a different size and shape, with a different degree of liveness?

16 minutes ago, Fido said:

My wife and her family can't handle loud music, loud laughing, loud talking etc. My family is loud so I can very quickly get under her family's skins!. I have learned to enjoy lower listening levels after 25 years of marriage. The Fortes are very dynamic even at 70 DBs

I get really annoyed/frustrated when I’m around people who loudly talk over each other, so that only the loudest one gets to finish any story or even any sentence.  But I guess that’s a separate discussion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Islander said:

One important question:  are we measuring at listening position, or 1 metre/yard in front of one speaker?  Since this is a subjective question, should I just assume that the level at our ears is being discussed, without precise regard to the sound level at the speakers, since everyone’s room is a different size and shape, with a different degree of liveness?

I am measuring sitting in my Sweet Spot on the couch - over 10 feet away from my speakers.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Islander said:

I measured at listening position. 

• Thanks 1

In my space the living room is fully pressurized by the time the db meter shows 75 dbs.  It completely fills my entire downstairs with beautiful non distorted music. At 80 db and above it’s still crystal clear but is more like being at a rock concert that is too loud to listen to for too long. I’m not ashamed to admit that I don’t enjoy listening to most music at more than moderate levels. 60 to 75 db is perfect the majority of the time.