SOLD: Quicksilver Horn Mono Amplifiers

michaelwjones

The Quicksilver Horn Mono Amplifier is designed specifically for use with very efficient loudspeakers. It has extremely low noise and distortion as well as having 18db less gain than Quicksilver’s standard amplifiers. This avoids the noise and gain problems that normally appear when using horn speakers  The amplifier is designed to sound good at the extremely low levels (milliwatts) that horn loudspeakers require. Many different output tubes may be plugged in directly with no adjustments: matched pairs of EL34, KT90, KT88, KT77, KT66, 6550, or 6l6 output tubes. 25 watts into 4 or 8 ohms.

“I was frankly astonished by the measured performance of the Horn Mono…” John Atkinson, Stereophile, May 2002.

http://quicksilveraudio.com/products/horn-mono-amp/

I am the third owner; the prior owner stated he purchased them from Mike Sanders, Mr. Quicksilver. They are early pre-production models with barrier strips rather than banana taps for speakers. I use the attached banana adapters (which are included). But, they come with a important plus: more capacitance than the current production model. They are dead quiet on my LaScala IIs and sound lovely. The KT88s give appropriate bottom end while running EL34s the midrange is liquid.

These amp have no sonic issues and no cosmetics ones except for zero wife acceptance factor. Comes with KT88s and NOS Mullard 7247s. I will ship in the original factory boxes (two) and a separate box for tubes.

IMG_4412.jpeg

IMG_4411.jpeg

IMG_4409.jpeg

IMG_4410.jpeg

IMG_4408.jpeg

IMG_4413.jpeg

IMG_4414.jpeg

Edited by michaelwjones
Sale
  • Like 4

• michaelwjones changed the title to SOLD: Quicksilver Horn Mono Amplifiers
  • michaelwjones changed the title to FS: Quicksilver Horn Mono Amplifiers