Who realy likes Klipsch subwoofers ?

CBdicX

Hi, I have a full Klipsch setup with RP8060FA II fronts, RP504 C II center and RP500M II surrounds.

With the 8060 Fronts I would bennefit the most of a sub around 20Hz.

And for sure I wanted a Klipsch subwoofer, but started to compare Klipsch with BK, SVS and XTC, and it will not be near these brands.

If I take a SVS SB1000 Pro it will do near the specs of the SPL 150, but less money, (far) less size, a nice app.

Also BK (even cheaper then SVS) and XTC will do a better output in a smaller box.

But I want to looks of Klipsch, the R-121SW will do around 28Hz, just a few HZ below the 8060, looks are ok, price is ok, but specs........😒

With SVS, you're comparing a sealed subwoofer vs. the Klipsch's ported design. There's a difference in sound.

The SVS costs around $200 more than the Klipsch; that surely means you're getting more for your money so I think it's an unfair comparison and SVS does not have a less expensive model to fairly compare to.

I've got an SVS SB-1000 (not the pro model with the remote, etc.) and it's a very compact box.

To Klipsch's credit, the R-121SW is currently being offered at the cheapo price of $299 on the klipsch.com web site. For that price perhaps you can ignore a few Hertz and get the sub that looks good with your existing setup.

• Like 1

The short answer is No. The longer explained answer is plenty of people that have klipsch subs, and have never had anything better probably are happy. For the record I speak with plenty of experience, so I’m not just telling you what I’ve read …..They’re cheap, and expensive. A terrible combination obviously. Of course there are a few outliers. From my understanding the THX subs, although very expensive are pretty beefy, and the very first reference line back in the early 2000s had a couple of really nice subs (expensive but nice)… I have no experience with pro line subs, which from my understanding, are an entirely different animal altogether. 

• Like 1

130 dB continuous   136 dB peak  , horn loaded vented cabinet design like the  Heritage Jubilee -18 inch driver  , 330 lbs , 20Hz bass response-

anyone doubting WHO  ?   the king of the subs is ,,,,,,,,it's Klipsch .  with the KPT-1802-HLS , 

• Haha 3

As it happens, there's no need to have a sub (or subs) that matches the rest of your system.  Timbre matching is irrelevant, because the sub operates in a different frequency range from the main speakers.  Also, with the grille in place, any visible differences are much less noticeable.

Based on personal experience, I recommend Paradigm subs.  Before I got the La Scalas and fell all the way down the Klipsch rabbit hole (see my system description to see what I mean), I had some small Paradigm surround speakers and a front centre speaker and was happy with them.  Later, after I got the La Scalas and sold the Paradigm speakers, I got a smaller used one of their subs, the PW-2100, which could go down to 23 Hz.

I used that sub for years happily, then I decided to go for it and bought a pair of new Seismic 110 Paradigm subs, which are rated down to 18 Hz, and have 850 watt amplifiers, as opposed to the 400 watts of the old PW-2100.  Wow!  With the deeper and more solid bass, the difference was night and day.  If you can fit one of those subs in your budget, you'll be set for a long time.  With its 10" driver, the sub is very compact, so it's easy to find a space for it.  Its cabinet is an aluminum cylinder, instead of a rectangular box, which does two things:  it reduces unwanted vibrations inside the cabinet, and it has a curved top, so nobody will be putting drinks or plants on it.

If that model is out of your reach at the moment, check out some other models.  Paradigm has a very wide range of subwoofers, with prices from $499.99 to $12,999.99 for the top one, with six drivers.  Those prices are in Canadian dollars, so discount them by roughly 30% to get the US price.  One of those subs should fit your needs.

https://www.paradigm.com/en/subwoofers

12 minutes ago, OO1 said:

130 dB continuous   136 dB peak  , horn loaded vented cabinet design like the  Heritage Jubilee -18 inch driver  , 330 lbs , 20Hz bass response-

anyone doubting WHO  ?   the king of the subs is ,,,,,,,,it's Klipsch .  with the KPT-1802-HLS , 

I stand corrected 😏

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

We still have our original HSU research vtf-3 ( since 2003) for the front. It's VERY old now and still works beautifully. Very powerful and clean! At least in our home. We also have an older Klipsch sw311 and rsw-10 underneath each side of our couch end tables in the back. Finally found a nice used oem active replacement driver for the rsw recently. All as new again. So many good choices for subs. Our son recently purchased 2 from SVS, while waiting to complete his home setup.  Take care. ~Mike